fifty shades series

Veracious

Has anyone else had the misfortune of experiencing this story in any of its mediums? I hear many men are forced to view the movies with their wives/gfs and since the newest movie was released on Valentine's day, now is the perfect time to ask.

• Like! 1

All I saw for a couple days in social media was ads and reviews and friends comments. I can't even get into how terrible that crap was, whether the writing or the story itself. Thankfully I was not forced to suffer through the movies. I couldn't even complete the first book. That's how bad it was

Has anyone else had the misfortune of experiencing this story in any of its mediums? I hear many men are forced to view the movies with their wives/gfs and since the newest movie was released on Valentine's day, now is the perfect time to ask.

I saw the first movie...or at least forced myself to bear it after having to go watch it with a friend who couldn't find anyone to go with her :lol: ...

kind of a big zzzzzzz for me... maybe this is the modern day redux of romance novels... lol you may have to suffer and bear this for your sweet heart Veracious

:lol:

gogo

gogo

I've experienced the first book and movie. The author paints a very inaccurate picture of a lifestyle that's painfully obvious that she has no real-life expertise in. Those of us who do actually belong or belonged to that lifestyle are disgusted that this book sells the way it does; it gives a black eye to what the lifestyle is actually like. Our community was disgusted when that crap came out.

I saw the first movie...or at least forced myself to bear it after having to go watch it with a friend who couldn't find anyone to go with her :lol: ...

kind of a big zzzzzzz for me... maybe this is the modern day redux of romance novels... lol you may have to suffer and bear this for your sweet heart Veracious

gogo

gogo

My gf hated the books. She only continued to read them to see how the girl ended up. There's no chance of me having to torture myself through that movie

I've experienced the first book and movie. The author paints a very inaccurate picture of a lifestyle that's painfully obvious that she has no real-life expertise in. Those of us who do actually belong or belonged to that lifestyle are disgusted that this book sells the way it does; it gives a black eye to what the lifestyle is actually like. Our community was disgusted when that crap came out.

While I never participated in the life in any expert level I've never been one to shirk at New things. I'm well read and educated on many things of the sort and I can agree the books are highly inaccurate with regards to the relationship boundaries.

And as a student of psychology I can say also that the characters were way off base from being healthy individuals.

IIRC this book began as Twilight fan fiction. That means it's a rung below that. It barely even registers as existing to me.

I remember her being a twilight fan fic author. I don't know if this particular story was based on twilight. I've heard that though also. Believe me I wish I didn't know about this either. Trying to ward off angry fans sheet explaining how terrible it really is gets to be a task.

My wife read the first book and said considering how badly written it was she thought the author must have an emotional age of about eight. So I am pleased to say I will not have to suffer it in print or on film. Yahoo!

lucky you got a pass

:P

gogo

Never seen them. When the first one came out, my sister said something about it, and I said, "you mean that bondage film?". She changed the subject... :P

Lol that's funny. And I heard the second one was basically skinimax or softcore adult.