Getting back to Sacred

Howdy y'all!

So I played this game and loved it so many years ago. I remember the awesome people from closed hardcore, like gogo and knuckles and r00ster. Gladiator was my favorite character and I was lucky enough to pick r00ster'a brain in-game a few times.

Anyway, I've been wanting to play it very badly lately and have questions. I now run windows 10 but I've noticed people have made it work so no big deal there.

Mainly though, before I go to all the trouble I'm concerned about leveling. I seem to recall experience gain was a total pain unless in a full multiplayer game because enemies were worth so much more. How do y'all level high in single player? Is there a mod to simulate difficulty and experience in multiplayer:)

• Like! 1

Ah, a fellow Gladiator! Morituri te salutant! (somehow I always think that Gladiator haven't got enough love in Sacred...)

I am neither as experienced nor knowledgeable as some of senior membera here, but I can give you some answers.

1. Levelling

From level 1-50, it's pretty much a smooth sail. Btw, start in Silver. Bronze just not worth the hassle.

From 50 onward, Potion of Mentor + Fist of the Gods/Attack + Valley of Zhurag Nar/Tears + good fire weapon are your friends.

I always play Single so I have no idea about how fast you can go from 50-100 in MP. But the fastest I ever did with Gladiator is about 1.5-2 days worth of playtime (not consecutive of course). Granted, I jumped to Gold and Platinum very early, it was quite hard (think soloing Hell Diablo /players 8 hard) initially, but it's entirely doable.

From 100 onward, Valley of Tears is your second house of slaughter. Preferably in Platinum and/or above. But you're gonna need good gears for this. Right now my Gladiator is level 137 in Platinum, but that's because I'm doing all the quests (a habit of mine).

2. Mod for increased xp

Oh yes, there is. I actually used to have one. It basically allows you to set up a dummy LAN server and set the player number. Monsters, loots, and XP will scale accordingly. But I uninstalled it because it broke certain quests and sometimes gave me WAAAYYY more XP than it should have. I once killed D'Cay (undead dragon in the desert) with a Dwarf that had just levelled up in Gold (he was level 62 IIRC). He INSTANTLY gained 2 LEVELS after he killed D'Cay, Holy Hannah!...

3. Niobium

Additional info, unless you know what you're doing, don't rush into Niobium. You absolutely, definitely, totally need good gears with stellar defense AND resistance. Even a lowly bandit can chop high levelled but poorly equipped char in seconds there. Ice elves laser could 1 shot you, and Dark Elves kick almost 1 shot my Seraphim back then.

I hope those helps, have fun playing :)

• Like! 1

Howdy y'all!

So I played this game and loved it so many years ago. I remember the awesome people from closed hardcore, like gogo and knuckles and r00ster. Gladiator was my favorite character and I was lucky enough to pick r00ster'a brain in-game a few times.

Anyway, I've been wanting to play it very badly lately and have questions. I now run windows 10 but I've noticed people have made it work so no big deal there.

Mainly though, before I go to all the trouble I'm concerned about leveling. I seem to recall experience gain was a total pain unless in a full multiplayer game because enemies were worth so much more. How do y'all level high in single player? Is there a mod to simulate difficulty and experience in multiplayer:)

Its great seeing you back Slick, HC for the first game was all I was about during those the release of the game, always enjoy reading about someone who enjoys the fun of the good reminisce. Regarding getting levels quickly, there's no servers anymore, to the MP Bonus just isn't there anymore, and I'm not sure if there's any kind of mods that were designed for the original game in the same way there is for Sacred 2

Sacred 2 was allowed to be eminently modable, and there's a great team here led by Flix who's created an astonishing new world thats an almost complete overhaul of the entire game, it's Combat Arts, monsters, quests and items, maybe this could offer new fun?

:)

gogo

Ah, a fellow Gladiator! Morituri te salutant! (somehow I always think that Gladiator haven't got enough love in Sacred...)

I am neither as experienced nor knowledgeable as some of senior membera here, but I can give you some answers.

1. Levelling

From level 1-50, it's pretty much a smooth sail. Btw, start in Silver. Bronze just not worth the hassle.

From 50 onward, Potion of Mentor + Fist of the Gods/Attack + Valley of Zhurag Nar/Tears + good fire weapon are your friends.

I always play Single so I have no idea about how fast you can go from 50-100 in MP. But the fastest I ever did with Gladiator is about 1.5-2 days worth of playtime (not consecutive of course). Granted, I jumped to Gold and Platinum very early, it was quite hard (think soloing Hell Diablo /players 8 hard) initially, but it's entirely doable.

From 100 onward, Valley of Tears is your second house of slaughter. Preferably in Platinum and/or above. But you're gonna need good gears for this. Right now my Gladiator is level 137 in Platinum, but that's because I'm doing all the quests (a habit of mine).

2. Mod for increased xp

Oh yes, there is. I actually used to have one. It basically allows you to set up a dummy LAN server and set the player number. Monsters, loots, and XP will scale accordingly. But I uninstalled it because it broke certain quests and sometimes gave me WAAAYYY more XP than it should have. I once killed D'Cay (undead dragon in the desert) with a Dwarf that had just levelled up in Gold (he was level 62 IIRC). He INSTANTLY gained 2 LEVELS after he killed D'Cay, Holy Hannah!...

3. Niobium

Additional info, unless you know what you're doing, don't rush into Niobium. You absolutely, definitely, totally need good gears with stellar defense AND resistance. Even a lowly bandit can chop high levelled but poorly equipped char in seconds there. Ice elves laser could 1 shot you, and Dark Elves kick almost 1 shot my Seraphim back then.

I hope those helps, have fun playing :)

Thanks for the great write up Varian, and help with that write up,always much gratitude to our strong community!

:)

gogo

Thanks gogo.

However, I kinda feel undeserved of the praise. I mean, although I've been playing for years, the amount of builds and info about Sacred in this forum is downright staggering. I used to think that I was quite experienced in this game, but seeing some of the builds here is, to say thr least, humbling. I mean, Gladiator with crossbow? Never once I thought about that. Even more surprising, it works!

So yeah, I too await another input for XP related things. Who knows what new info I would learn haha :)

• Like! 1

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/GameBasics-ExpGuide.html

Multi-player advice but some of it applies to Single.

Dagger stare & split would help, +find additional potions could help you get more mentor potions and high SB % is crucial.

Farming the sakkara demons helps - highest xp monster and dagger stare gives poison damage. Farming high density areas when you've saved mentor potions helps as well - Orc cave, Rim/dark elf valley, ghost cave - good when you have % undead damage., tristam village too.

Underworld campaign has some really good areas to level up in comparison to Ancaria campaign.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1