Server crash when corpses explode

Ok I'm running Sacred 2 Gold on windows 10. The game runs smoothly for the most part.

I'm playing an Inquisitor and whenever I use my clustering maelstrom with raving thrust combo on any enemy that is mounted (goblin boar riders, desert spider riders, etc) they explode. It's pretty awesome really, except the fact that after about 3 or 4 groups of explosions and the game crashes. Not the entire game mind you, just the game server. It freezes for a couple seconds then returns me to the start menu with the message "connection error (10). check your internet connection"

This is odd because I'm playing single player. I've tried every crash fix I can google: messing with memory settings, all the compatibility modes, different graphics settings, uninstalling and re-installing the game (I copied my characters and chest of course), even with and without the cm patch.

Nothing seems to work. Its really a pain in the ass, the whole reason I love the inquisitor is because he kills groups so fast, but I cant use my CM RT combo on any mounted enemies. For testing I teleport to Ruka and go just north, there are plenty of boar riding goblins. I just group 3 or 4 together, use my combo, they explode. After a few groups the game kicks me back out to the main menu.

Any thoughts:)

What set up do you have? Do you have a Nvidia GPU with PhysX enabled? I assume that you are running 64bit, right?