Casters and Staff Lore

You can shoot magical projectiles with Magic Staff Lore. ;)

Staff_fire.jpg

Staff_ice.jpg

Staff_magic.jpg

Staff_physical.jpg

Staff_poison.jpg

But yes, they are still subject to all the normal weapon considerations, like your attack rating vs. enemy defense rating. Luckily the Magic Staff skill also provides a nice boost to attack rating.

But if you're never going to attack with your staff, you're right, there's not much point to the skill. It doesn't unlock any special bonuses like other weapon lore skills. Maybe I should create some for the mod to give more incentive to take the skill.

What are some interesting modifiers that could be unlocked by Magic Staff Lore? Casting Speed +X%? Combat Art Range +X%? I'll try to think of some.

• Like! 1

And of cause the -hüstel- special staff fighting characters dryad and inquisitor where staff lore and certain weapon attacks result in dead monsters farer than you can look. Some multiple-hit combat arts work in a strange way if you have the AddOn. The first hit needs a melee range hit, but all follow up hits of the attack series do the melee hits in the SHOOTING range of the staff. I never did a guide for these charactersm, they are so easy and overpowered, close to cheating.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/14581-massive-area-of-effect-dryad-in-the-addon/

First class thread Chattius, thanks for the link. Forgot how easy it is to get sucked into the magic of a good discussion thread on game crafting...

ahhh, that dryad

:)

gogo

• Like! 1