Diablo 2 Fallen balancing thread

desm

Diablo 2 Fallen balancing  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Does Diablo 2 Fallen need a little bit of balancing?

• Yes, a little bit for some new ennemies
    • Sure, the new ennemies killed all my HC chars!
    • No, let's keep the challenge!

Does Diablo 2 Fallen need a little bit of balancing?

The new ennemies are great but they hit very hard, killing my chars in one or two shots and thus making me level more to pass more easily but then the original Sacred 2 bosses on the road are a piece of cake (I speak for Silver here at least).

Infected ones 170411084134574169.png

Putrid profanators 170411084350267351.png

I think about these two ones here. Infected ones (Elite ones at least) can be ok but you have to pay VERY attention when meeting them in Thylysium sewers for the first time. Putrid profanators in my opinion hit too hard (in Silver for brand new char self-drop).

Please answer the Poll and/or give your opinion.

Edited by desm

Well, ok, I can make those enemies weaker. I'm not sure how much weaker I can make Putrid Defilers though. As it is, they shouldn't hit any harder than any elite skeleton in the Undead Legion.

Since you started this thread, I now expect a full report on the balancing state of all the new creatures. ;)

P.S. You have now put the evil idea in my head, that the main campaign bosses are not difficult enough! :devil:

• Like! 1

P.S. You have now put the evil idea in my head, that the main campaign bosses are not difficult enough! :devil:

Lol, that's clear! I arrived to Gar' Colossus with maybe 5 levels above usual, the same for the Octagolamus. Carnach was tough enough.

The miasm is six feet under. Depends on the char too but the most difficult ennemies for now were undoubtly the Putrid Defilers (they one-shot my (not enough prepared) Sorceress).

What about the deadly attack of Baal (his blast of darts). Can it be anticipated and evade? I took it in the face and lost like 7x800 HP (in silver), no need to say I've been litteraly ripped off and instantly died. (for a self-drop char, level 45(!...)).

Some opinions?

Well you're fighting the ultimate boss of the mod at level 45, sounds pretty dangerous! I wouldn't do this unless on Easy difficulty.

You must be talking about Arctic Blast. Yes, it hits like a shotgun, so at point blank range any non-tank character will die. It's easy to avoid. It has a long windup (icy blue wind builds up first) and it moves slowly. Move to the side of the blast.

I will say this about the spell. It's not a new spell. It's the exact spell that is used in the vanilla game by the Abishai of Dissension. Baal does have much higher Intelligence though, so what I'll do is reduce his Intelligence some so that his spell damage is diminished.

If we can avoid it it's ok, I tought it was not the case. I did not fight the Abishai much due to my game crashes, pratically never could reach him or it was too much a pain to go to him so I abandonned this boss, I'll have my revenge.

I understand better why this spell is so strong. Don't reduce too much his intelligence though as I saw Tharkun is not for a nerf (but maybe try to make it at least that it doesn't totally one-shot us). Thank you.

Edited by desm

I think that Firewound(I think thats his name) a giant found in the seraphrim isles underground needs his damage output nerfed. Playing that "invincible" barbarian build Flix hooked me up with running natural resistance and iron skin and decent equipment he one shots me, and he is grey to me.

I think that Firewound(I think thats his name) a giant found in the seraphrim isles underground needs his damage output nerfed. Playing that "invincible" barbarian build Flix hooked me up with running natural resistance and iron skin and decent equipment he one shots me, and he is grey to me.

Ok I decreased his damage. Generally I try to make the new super-uniques not so strong if they are unavoidable (that is, on or near the path the main campaign takes you). Those enemies that are out of the way will remain very strong because you generally have to seek them out to fight them at all.

• Like! 1

What about Pindleskin (under the Great Wall)? I met him with a new Barbarian about level 20 in Silver, wich is quite high for this point, he could two-shoot me, had to take like 100 potions (on about 130, which is quite a fair amount for there too) to only defeat him once, then he resurrected; I continued my way without killing him.

What about reducing a little bit his HP, or reducing his hit attack or something? I would like to know what Tharkun think about him. I specify that I only play HC self-drop chars starting in Silver, the only entertaining way to play for me. I lost all my chars for now, except for a Paladin (who reach Gold) which I did softcore but who died one time (on a putrid defiler I think to remember or on Baal maybe, don't really remember, or maybe she died twice lol)...

So...?

What about Pindleskin (under the Great Wall)? I met him with a new Barbarian about level 20 in Silver, wich is quite high for this point, he could two-shoot me, had to take like 100 potions (on about 130, which is quite a fair amount for there too) to only defeat him once, then he resurrected; I continued my way without killing him.

What about reducing a little bit his HP, or reducing his hit attack or something? I would like to know what Tharkun think about him. I specify that I only play HC self-drop chars starting in Silver, the only entertaining way to play for me. I lost all my chars for now, except for a Paladin (who reach Gold) which I did softcore but who died one time (on a putrid defiler I think to remember or on Baal maybe, don't really remember, or maybe she died twice lol)...

So...?

I have nerfed Pindleskin twice now based on your feedback in the past. I'll give him another reduction for Beta 8 but at this point he won't be much different from any random elite undead.

Hardcore isn't supported by me or any of my mods. I don't play it, and I don't balance any of my mods around it.

I didn't remember to already have reported him, sorry. I must say that my Barbarian was an 'exotic' one with little offensive or defensive skills but still, he was very well equiped for this point (bargainaing). Ok don't reduce him too much so; I would really like to have some other opinions but people remain silent. Too bad.

Hardcore isn't supported by me or any of my mods. I don't play it, and I don't balance any of my mods around it.

Ok, I understand better. Thanks for your listening nevetheless. I suppose it's the same for self-drop.

Rakanishu on the other hand is said to be very powerful but he was very innofensive when I go meet him with a level 12 Barbarian and he didn't cast a single bolt I think. Maybe I was fortunate enough.

Edited by desm

Rakanishu on the other hand is said to be very powerful but he was very innofensive when I go meet him with a level 12 Barbarian and he didn't cast a single bolt I think. Maybe I was fortunate enough.

I got strong complaints that the enemy Charged Bolt spell was unfairly cutting away "huge amount of hitpoints" so it was nerfed in a previous version of the mod.

• Like! 1