Look for a newbie friendly build!

So I am ashamedly not any good at making builds. I am new to this mod and have looked around on the inter webs for some cookie cutter builds to no avail. I like finding simple builds and tweaking em here or there to my own liking.

So I was wandering if anyone could help me out with a build or two. From looking at the skillsets of the new classes I think I like paladin, barbarian and amazon but I am open to try anything. I would prefer a build centered around 1 or 2 spamable skills. In the base game for example I used a build I found on this site for the dryad, think it was called a hybrid dryad. It was focused on using bow/blowgun with ravaged impact for single target and darting assault for Area of Effect. I very much enjoyed that build, but would like something melee this time if possible. Please help ;)

• Like! 1

Barbarian is your best bet! You can check his Wiki page to read about each combat art and get an overview of how it works, what skills boost it, and what other combat arts might complement it (like in a combo).

Divine Gift:

Choose Bul-Kathos and get his divine gift Might. Very powerful for fighters. This will be a huge help in fighting bosses.

Combat Arts:

Bash (single targets)

Frenzy (mobs)

You can also make a combo with Bash + Frenzy that will be useful for both.

Buff: Natural Resistance and (after learning the Concentration skill) Iron Skin. If you master Concentration you can even take a 3rd buff, Battle Orders.

Skills:

1. Armor Lore
  2. Tactics Lore
  3. Concentration (helps regeneration time and lets you use more than one buff simultaneously)
  4. Dual Wield or Hafted Weapons (the former cause two weapons are awesome, the latter cause you can wield his big 2h Hafted Weapons to great effect)
  5. Berserk Combat Focus
  6. Tactical Combat Focus (mainly for the benefit of Iron Skin buff).
  7. Toughness
  8. Constitution

And the last two skills can be whatever:

• Divine Devotion if you want to make use of your divine gift Might more often (always a great trump card). Riding if you want to spend your time doing mounted combat.
    • Taking either one of the above 2 General Skills would also unlock Magic Find and Trading skills, which means better gear.
  • Combat Discipline if you want to make big combos with three or four combat arts.
  • Combat Reflexes or Spell Resist Lore if you want more general protection.
  • You could even do War Cries Focus and/or War Cries Lore to make use of some of the buffs like Shout and Battle Orders.
  • Like! 1

Barbarian is your best bet! You can check his Wiki page to read about each combat art and get an overview of how it works, what skills boost it, and what other combat arts might complement it (like in a combo).

Divine Gift:

Choose Bul-Kathos and get his divine gift Might. Very powerful for fighters. This will be a huge help in fighting bosses.

Combat Arts:

Bash (single targets)

Frenzy (mobs)

You can also make a combo with Bash + Frenzy that will be useful for both.

Buff: Natural Resistance and (after learning the Concentration skill) Iron Skin. If you master Concentration you can even take a 3rd buff, Battle Orders.

Skills:

1. Armor Lore
  2. Tactics Lore
  3. Concentration (helps regeneration time and lets you use more than one buff simultaneously)
  4. Dual Wield or Hafted Weapons (the former cause two weapons are awesome, the latter cause you can wield his big 2h Hafted Weapons to great effect)
  5. Berserk Combat Focus
  6. Tactical Combat Focus (mainly for the benefit of Iron Skin buff).
  7. Toughness
  8. Constitution

And the last two skills can be whatever:

• Divine Devotion if you want to make use of your divine gift Might more often (always a great trump card). Riding if you want to spend your time doing mounted combat.
    • Taking either one of the above 2 General Skills would also unlock Magic Find and Trading skills, which means better gear.
  • Combat Discipline if you want to make big combos with three or four combat arts.
  • Combat Reflexes or Spell Resist Lore if you want more general protection.
  • You could even do War Cries Focus and/or War Cries Lore to make use of some of the buffs like Shout and Battle Orders.

Did you just make this up on the spot?

Sick!

:bounce:

gogo

Just one more caveat: if you haven't played the mod yet, it is more difficult than the normal game. It is highly recommended to spend some time in Easy difficulty (at least til character level 5) to gain some experience and get a basic set of gear equipped before moving on to Normal difficulty.

• Like! 1

Ok so im up in my 70s with the barb(increased my experience gains a bit in the balance.txt) and while the char feels strong, I just am not enjoying the melee side of sacred 2. I have problems with the combat art range and bosses, the arts requiring me to be inside the bosses to hit them and then the bosses willl just immediately backpedal because im too close. Theres an issue where when many monsters bunch up and I try to target one thats near the middle my char will just run circles around the small horde because he cant attack that specific unit. These are just my little nit picks I know so I am gonna try building a ranged char. I also was not fond of how long the barbarians skill animations were(the anims look great, especially whirlwind) compared to how fast I want to be firing off skills. I am still used to my old dryad with .5 sec or lower cd, while the barbs melee animations generall take 1.5 sec or more to fire off. That said aside from a few errant mobs (namely unique elite mobs) one shotting me I never really had problems with survivability or damage.

Edited by garadin

I have problems with the combat art range and bosses, the arts requiring me to be inside the bosses to hit them and then the bosses willl just immediately backpedal because im too close. Theres an issue where when many monsters bunch up and I try to target one thats near the middle my char will just run circles around the small horde because he cant attack that specific unit. These are just my little nit picks I know so I am gonna try building a ranged char.

I'm gonna have to blame that on the game design. Every combat art has a "fight distance" parameter. Increasing it works great for spells, I can increase the range as far as you like. I tried and tried to increase the fight distance for melee combat arts, but it doesn't work. They seem hard-coded to require you to be standing directly on top of an enemy.

I also was not fond of how long the barbarians skill animations were(the anims look great, especially whirlwind) compared to how fast I want to be firing off skills. I am still used to my old dryad with .5 sec or lower cd, while the barbs melee animations generall take 1.5 sec or more to fire off.

These don't seem so bad to me. Everything is slow at first, with long regeneration times. That's the essence of leveling up a character in Sacred really, is increasing execution speed and decreasing regeneration time. Maybe the instant hit of blowpipes has spoiled you. :)

That being said, you can easily just swap in the Ranged Weapons skill in place of Dual Wielding or Hafted Weapons and focus on Dexterity and that Barbarian build will still work great. Using a bow or throwing weapons will translate fine to those combat arts.

• Like! 1