The Related Word Game - 2017!

Five -> Famous Five 

Enid Blyton books. read them for a year or so, but outgrew them very quickly, they are a bit childish...

five star restaurant -> Gault Millau

The Gault Millau with its toques reads way more funny than the Michelin guide with its stars. I prefer it over the Michelin. but I am a barbarian, a gourmand and not a gourmet. A lunch is good if I am satiated after. Even better if it tastes good. But at a three star Michelin you may have a good lunch but leave hungry. The Gault Millau warns if a dinner is too small in calories ;)

ant -> Argentine ant

An ant colony which is 6000 kilometres long, the BIG chinese wall seems not so big anymore when reading this.

Global "mega-colony"

According to research published in Insectes Sociaux in 2009, it was discovered that ants from three Argentine ant supercolonies in America, Europe, and Japan, that were previously thought to be separate, were in fact most likely to be genetically related. The three colonies in question were one in Europe, stretching 6,000 km (3,700 mi) along the Mediterranean coast, the "Californian large" colony, stretching 900 km (560 mi) along the coast of California, and a third on the west coast of Japan.[8][9]

Based on a similarity in the chemical profile of hydrocarbons on the cuticles of the ants from each colony, and on the ants' non-aggressive and grooming behaviour when interacting, compared to their behaviour when mixing with ants from other super-colonies from the coast of Catalonia in Spain and from Kobe in Japan, researchers concluded that the three colonies studied actually represented a single global super-colony.[8][9]

The researchers stated that "enormous extent of this population is paralleled only by human society", and had probably been spread and maintained by human travel.[8][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_ant

• Like! 1