The Related Word Game - 2017!

Whisky -> Akvavit

A booze spiced with caraway and or dill. It is very important for a nice recipe I got from the mother of my mother in law:

Besoffene Wildsau in Honig und Met Sosse

Drunken boar in a sauce from honey and mead

Boar marinated in akvavit and served with a sauce from honey, mead and stomped elderberries

Very cheap:

own bees for the honey and mead

destilled selfmade fruitwine for the akvavit

boar from a road kill ;)

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Whisky -> Akvavit

A booze spiced with caraway and or dill. It is very important for a nice recipe I got from the mother of my mother in law:

Besoffene Wildsau in Honig und Met Sosse

Drunken boar in a sauce from honey and mead

Boar marinated in akvavit and served with a sauce from honey, mead and stomped elderberries

Very cheap:

own bees for the honey and mead

destilled selfmade fruitwine for the akvavit

boar from a road kill ;)

ha... this sounds like a recipe also from Sacred 2  :D

deelish I bet ^^

Akvavit -> Vitas

Five octaves...  :superman: ...!

:oooo:

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

is that a white wine? :drool:

tiara -> Booze

:D

gogo

No gogo, it is a Red Bordeaux style blend (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot) 

and the Tiara is an amazing Bordeaux style blend. my favourite actually. I have 8 bottles of different vintages, and keep them only for special people and occasions.

Vitas -> Russian 

• Like! 1

Ballet -> Swan Lake

Come visit The wine lands here in SA, see some sun, experience some SA hospitality. The Canadian $ to Rand is 1$ gets R9,70.

We have lots of Canadian guests at the hotel...

Swan Hill -> Small Town.

I thought that Franschhoek will be smaller(population wise) than anything else... but we at least have a few thousand more people living here than in Swan Hill. The majority of the people work in Hospitality(chefs, waiters, restaurant & Front of house managers, hotel managers and housekeeping) and wine farms... since those two industries are the things that sustains this "village"... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franschhoek

Many do consider it to be the food and wine capital of South Africa, But I think that title must go to Stellenbosch. Better quality wine farms, with better prices, and a wider selection of restaurants... in Franschhoek it is mostly French or "French Inspired". very few restaurants have something that unique, except maybe 2... Stellenbbosch has plenty more and a huge selection of food types. Tapas, Greek, Italian, French, African, American, Asian, fine dining, and everything in between. Another thing is that Franschhoek prices are quite exorbitant because "it is Franschhoek" wine and food are mostly a bit overpriced, because... "it is in Franschhoek"... BAH... ludicrous....:cstars::eek::dntknw::mad::gun2: 

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

blueberry -> huckleberry

The phrase "a huckleberry over my persimmon" was used to mean "a bit beyond my abilities". "I'm your huckleberry" is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job. The range of slang meanings ofhuckleberry in the 19th century was fairly large, also referring to significant persons or nice persons.

...didnt know this... cool

:D

gogo