The Related Word Game - 2017!

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Beanstalk -> Pea shoots

used a lot in cooking for garnishes plates. flavour wise not spectacular, but adapts very well to other flavours.

image.thumb.png.c1c247e95bde948de37a4a7032eb9769.png

dont think ive had this...but a new veggie store has opened up down the street from me, and will look for it... new veggies rock :)

Pea shoots -> pea puree

baked-fish-with-pea-puree-70583-1.jpeg\\:)

:)

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

South African Wines -> delicious?

gogo

Yeeeeeeees, they are delicious gogo. I have not even visited all the farms around where I have stayed... but I do seem to go back to the ones that I love... point is, some are bad, some are average, some are easy drinking, and then some are AMAZING!!!! Stellenbosch wins without even trying, in my opinion. Franschhoek tries, but I find most of their wines to be "meh" and overpriced... Worchester with the warmer climate, does more sweet wines, and white wines, Somerset West has grown so big, that the wine farms got sold into plots of land for development, and the few that stayed do produce good, but also expensive wines. and I have not even gone into Cape Town for wine tasting... the other surrounding areas are either just farms that sells commercially, and does not allow tastings, or, they try and do something special(vegan wines, as if that will make the wine special, or organic wines... same story). South African Reds like Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cape Blend, Pinotage(a truly South African varietal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinotage) and according-to-people-that-drink-that Merlot, are excellent. White wines tend to be a bit sweeter than European Whites because of the warmer climates, but I still love a wooded oaked Chardonnay, Riesling and Gewurztraminer, our Sauvignong Blanc and Chenin Blancs generally has more fruit flavours(pineapple, green apple, pear, citrus, melon, gooseberry, papaya, etc than what the European Palate is used to.

Cook -> Commitment

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1
44 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Yeeeeeeees, they are delicious gogo. I have not even visited all the farms around where I have stayed... but I do seem to go back to the ones that I love... point is, some are bad, some are average, some are easy drinking, and then some are AMAZING!!!! Stellenbosch wins without even trying, in my opinion. Franschhoek tries, but I find most of their wines to be "meh" and overpriced... Worchester with the warmer climate, does more sweet wines, and white wines, Somerset West has grown so big, that the wine farms got sold into plots of land for development, and the few that stayed do produce good, but also expensive wines. and I have not even gone into Cape Town for wine tasting... the other surrounding areas are either just farms that sells commercially, and does not allow tastings, or, they try and do something special(vegan wines, as if that will make the wine special, or organic wines... same story). South African Reds like Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cape Blend, Pinotage(a truly South African varietal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinotage) and according-to-people-that-drink-that Merlot, are excellent. White wines tend to be a bit sweeter than European Whites because of the warmer climates, but I still love a wooded oaked Chardonnay, Riesling and Gewurztraminer, our Sauvignong Blanc and Chenin Blancs generally has more fruit flavours(pineapple, green apple, pear, citrus, melon, gooseberry, papaya, etc than what the European Palate is used to.

Cook -> Commitment

Everytime I read how much our members know about wine it just thrills me. Thank you for the delightful read, and the romp through the grapes... maybe ill go treat myself to something strong and sweet this weekend!

Commitment -> Love

gogo

Apotheosis  -> Caprica

Just loved this series as an attempt at some continuity beyond BattleStar Galactica was was one of my favorite series of all time

gogo