The Related Word Game - 2017!

ravioli -> Lent

The German Maultaschen are like ravioli but bigger. So why Lent?

english wiki about Maultaschen:

History

In Swabia, Maultaschen are the traditional dish associated with the Lenten commemoration of Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. During Lent, Catholics and other Christians are encouraged to refrain from eating meat. However, Maultaschen are humorously associated with these days because the meat in the dish is concealed under the pasta dough and cannot be seen by God. Among the anecdotal stories regarding the origin of the dish, one claims that Maultaschen were created by the Cistercian monks of Maulbronn Abbey for that purpose.[3] Indeed, a Swabian German nickname for the dish, Herrgottsbescheißerle, means "small God-cheaters".

Clothing -> layers

I am wearing layers of clothing now that it all of a sudden got cold...

layers -> Montreal

No more layering here... almost +20 .. woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

theuns, you must be enjoying the break from the hot summer? how long is winter there?

:)

gogo

Montreal -> Canada 

The nights starts cooling down a little bit in middle April, but the days are still hot. Then winter Generally start middle-late May. Winter stops in August, but it is still raining season then, hopefully.

I do not enjoy the cold that much, because I get cold very quickly, and put on many layers of clothing, and try to stay warm. Central heating is not really something common in South Africa, but air conditioners are very common....