The Related Word Game - 2017!

BBQ -> Braaivleis 

In South Africa, we call them a "braai" B-R (with a nice rrrrrrrr sound )-AAI (pronounced like a long "eye"). It is supper popular for South Africans to load a grill with such an assortment of meats as they can, and then keep the left overs for sandwiches the next day... I am not that much into it though, Most guys think that they are the Ultimate Braai master, even though they know nothing about food and cooking, they just want to stand around the fire, drink beer, and talk about sports(rugby and cricket mostly).

The vleis is meat, so braaivleis directly translates to Barbecue Meat 

image.png.3274d830f490aff3c219ffbb526d6bb8.png

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1
42 minutes ago, Delta! said:

BBQ -> Braaivleis 

In South Africa, we call them a "braai" B-R (with a nice rrrrrrrr sound )-AAI (pronounced like a long "eye"). It is supper popular for South Africans to load a grill with such an assortment of meats as they can, and then keep the left overs for sandwiches the next day... I am not that much into it though, Most guys think that they are the Ultimate Braai master, even though they know nothing about food and cooking, they just want to stand around the fire, drink beer, and talk about sports(rugby and cricket mostly).

The vleis is meat, so braaivleis directly translates to Barbecue Meat 

image.png.3274d830f490aff3c219ffbb526d6bb8.png

braai for bbq... great new word for me, Theuns! :dance: 

Braaivleis  -> feast

:)

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Interior designer -> wow!

Theuns is that your place?

:D

gogo

WOW! -> architectural desserts 

Oh hell naw gogo... that is From Will & Grace, Grace Adler designs office... I would not have minded if I had someone decorating for me...

• Like! 1
On 10/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, Delta! said:

WOW! -> architectural desserts 

Oh hell naw gogo... that is From Will & Grace, Grace Adler designs office... I would not have minded if I had someone decorating for me...

architectural desserts  ->  paris - brest

shape of a bicycle tire, right?

:D

gogo

Paris - Brest -> Memorable 

yes gogo, it is made in the shape of a circle, to represent a bicycle wheel, to commemorate the Paris - Brest - Paris cycling competition,

Memorable  -> Eclairs

My ammamma used to make them for us when we were kids...brought them from work to us after she worked long hours there in the bakery.

She was/is like the grandma of tales who could just produce, magically, delicious sweet deserts

:heart:

gogo