The Related Word Game - 2017!

Interesting -> Fischertechnik

Artur Fischer invented the split wall plug and has more patents than Edison who had only 1093.

My father bought Fischertechnik and not Lego when we were kids. I had an used Rockwell AIM 65 which I used to build and program as an Interface. We did such great thinks as 2D-Plotters with only 0,1mm failure, or a 3D scanner, again with 0,1mm failure, ...

Fischertechnik is now selling a 3D-Printer set for 500+ Euro. I looked at it and thought: most of the parts I had 30 years back already for the 2D-Plotter and 3d-Scanner. Other parts were from the robot set for our 14years old 3 years back. So I just bought the printing head as an replacement part and used an old BBC Acorn with 32kRam and a 2MHz 8bit prozessor as an interface to Androids.

We had a great 26decembre afternoon making a plan for our 3d printer. We recycled parts from the 2-D plotter and from a 4 in a row robot for a quickstart.

hqdefault.jpg

The first prototype worked rough, with 0,2mm tolerance but it worked well enough for just 4 hours work and thoughts input. So I left it to the kids to make better versions.

I didn't give much from people testing it on youtube and comparing it with ready to print  printers. I take it as a build set for kids who can change parts of it, bring in own ideas, ... and for this is works fine.

Our heating element was from a water-bath used for analogue films ;)

Video is the 500+ Eur complete set. I bought just the print-head.

• Like! 1