The Related Word Game - 2017!

easy bake -> political correctness!!!!!!!!!!!

Our oldest daughter wanted a doctor's suitcase because her mom is a doc and her dad did the cooking and babysitting while reading and correcting homeworks from new students as an assistant teacher. For our second I spent a whole weekend to make my own design of a kids oven from wood. She played like 8 weeks with it, then she played doctor with her older sister.

I replaced the transparent plastic on the 'oven' door with wire mesh and it became a home for guinea pigs. The toy pots were replaced with flower pots for some living green in the floor. Now it is a home for breeding quails outside.

I claim me the master of kid toy design.... 8 weeks playtime and 16 years as pet home.

Now you can buy similiar kitchens, but you still need a weekend to mount the parts. I read a manual that probably was google translated when my brother bought one.

spielzeug-backen.jpg

straw house -> Halligen

Small islands which were left when big parts of the German Bay were washed into the sea 500 years ago. At flood often only the houses build on small hills are above sea level. At low tide the island can be reached walking from main land. The roofs were made with thatching, mainly easy available reed, sometimes straw.

The Islands are protected because they are important as wave breakers to prevent more parts from the main land washed away.

1280px-1906_Eckner_Halligwarft_w%C3%A4hr