The Related Word Game - 2017!

goddess -> Citroen DS

The DS was nicknamed the La Dèesse, the goddess, because of the pronouncation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_DS

The picture of a DS was a self portrait from me. Look at the left side above the wheel the guy with the camera ;) It was shot on mother's day some years back at the cathedrale in Wetzlar (mirror image atthe car side) where my mom lives.

LaDéesse-4074.JPG

• zomgod! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

goddess -> Citroen DS

The DS was nicknamed the La Dèesse, the goddess, because of the pronouncation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_DS

The picture of a DS was a self portrait from me. Look at the left side above the wheel the guy with the camera ;) It was shot on mother's day some years back at the cathedrale in Wetzlar (mirror image atthe car side) where my mom lives.

LaDéesse-4074.JPG

That is a AMAZING picture! 

Composition, timing... and we gotta give credit to the shine mastah!

Citroen DS -> Beauty!

:)

gogo

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

That is a AMAZING picture! 

Composition, timing... and we gotta give credit to the shine mastah!

Thanks. We planed a lunch at the old marketplace at the cathedrale with the family for mothers day. We didn't know that the marketplace was used this day as a control point for a rallye of vintage cars. Luckily we had reserved weeks in advance at the restaurant. Was shot with a compact camera which I had with me for family photos while fitting in a pocket. If I had known I would have taken the big one with me. Luckily weather was nice so I could shot with low ISO and no picture noise. The best camera is always the one you have with you...

Disney -> Yps

Yps was a German comic magazine. I liked it for the little gimmicks which came with it. Some were quite 'useful'... Like a blowpipe which could be used in classroom battles at school to shoot around a corner.

Or a cheap camera which could be made from the parts from two magazines..

yps-nr.91.jpg

• Like! 1

DPS -> Deutsche Palliativ-Stiftung

German non profit foundation to support palliativ care

Was a legal hole when doctors were called to patients near death and in great pain and not allowed to use their own drugs (heavy pain killers, opiods) which they had with them. They had to fill a recipe for a pharmacy and then the drugs had to be brought. Docs were confrontated with either ilegal drug use or doing bodily harm for having a patient suffering. The foundation helped to close this hole.

care bears -> Tabaluga

Tabaluga is a little green dragon and fight the evil snowman who tried to cover the workd with frost. It started with a concept album of rock musician Peter Maffay, then kids cartoon series, books, musical, ..... The musical is often done by Kindergarten or school groups and the money goes to the Tabaluga kids foundation. If not for covid19 there would have been a school musical with our twins 3 weeks ago. We trained the Nessaja part till april. Then it was clear that it wouldn't be done before summer breaks.

sandcastle -> Strandkorb

Most common in Germany, Denmark, .... Germany has mainly beaches which have rough stormy weather. So there are Strandkörbe (beach baskets, but more beach chairs) which allow to sit and relax wind protected. When we were kids and at vacations at the baltic sea my dad build a sand castle around the Strandkorb. You normally have the same Strandkorb for whole vacations and so you decorate the sandcastle. make it as pretty as possible... My sis did pictures, but I have no copies. So one from internet to understand what I am speaking about.

AK_40000726_gr_1.jpg

• Like! 1