The Related Word Game - 2017!

film -> Wetzlar

My birthtown with lots of optic companies compared to its 50000 people size: Leica, Minox, Will, Zeiss, Hensold, ....

My mother and brother live there. Picture was taken by me while canooing on the Lahn river with family and friends at deep evening sun. You see Old Lahnbridge, castle ruin Kalsmunt (1200 years old), Leica factory buildings, and a nice beer garden can be seen below the bridge.

AlteLahnbrückeWetzlar (2).JPG

Wetzlar -> Franschhoek Village

We lived there for almost three years. Absolutely beautiful, picturesque little town nestled right in the winelands. Perfect for a weekend getaway. Unfortunately the reality of living there for an extended period of time wasn't quite as idyllic. Very expensive place. And the charming village atmosphere very quickly started feeling more like a culture corset. To give you an idea how small it is, there's not even a traffic light in the town. No Asian restaurants other than a 5 Star Indian allowed. No Take aways. Only two food supermarkets. No chain restaurants. Only french fusion cuisine.

We had good times there. But I wasn't sorry to leave it behind. 

image.png.16f2753e6bb56f23ad6e7891697d4d69.png

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Delta! said:

Wetzlar -> Franschhoek Village

We lived there for almost three years. Absolutely beautiful, picturesque little town nestled right in the winelands. Perfect for a weekend getaway. Unfortunately the reality of living there for an extended period of time wasn't quite as idyllic. Very expensive place. And the charming village atmosphere very quickly started feeling more like a culture corset. To give you an idea how small it is, there's not even a traffic light in the town. No Asian restaurants other than a 5 Star Indian allowed. No Take aways. Only two food supermarkets. No chain restaurants. Only french fusion cuisine.

We had good times there. But I wasn't sorry to leave it behind. 

image.png.16f2753e6bb56f23ad6e7891697d4d69.png

lol... culture corset!! :4rofl: thats so on point... I feel like that sometimes too with Montreal...but ...then a whee while later I'm all in love again :bounce:

Franschhoek Village -<=> 

:0

gogo

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Lego => hazard

(leave a few on the floor and see what dad says after stepping on even one with bare feet) :badbad:

:zipit:

famous for that ! :4rofl:

hazard -> hazmat suit

:oooo:

:cow:

gogo