The Related Word Game - 2017!

movie -> Master of Disaster

My father in law was apprentice at SOLO which build small engines. Later he was a bike racer and owned a bike shop and repair for BMW (where I met my wife). He said that he heard someone saying at the SOLO owners: Roland wants to do movies. SOLO is now owned by a brother of Roland Emmerich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Emmerich

• Haha 1

Land of Stories -> Hesse (my home state)

The brothers Grimmer did language research. 2000 years ago the Romans were in western and southern Hesse, the celtics in the northeast, the chattii in the northwest, ...

The Grimm's wanted to find the historical borders by interrogating old people whose ancestors were always in the areas. While interrogating the old people they told fairytales to their grandchildren. The Grimm's collected them and made a book from them that was never planed. So their main work the dictionary of the german language remained unfinished.

Grimm's law and other language 'laws' explain why the old Chattius is a nowaday Hesse ;)

Weib -> wife, Rabe -> raven, Liebe-> Love is another law: often a german 'b' sound-shifts into an english 'f or v.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm%27s_law

Hessian -> mercenary ->partisan ->side -> propaganda

I have to defend my ancestors who fought against american rebels. A mercenary is someone who fights for money. An auxiliary is drafted to fight for an ally.

From wiki:

Ethnic Germans served on both sides of the American Revolutionary War. Many, notably rented auxiliary troops[1] from German states such as the Landgraviate of Hessen-Kassel, supported the Loyalist cause and served as allies of the Kingdom of Great Britain, whose King George III was also the Elector of Hanover.

American rebel agitators misrepresented such troops as mercenaries to fuel propaganda against the British Crown. Even American historians followed suit, in spite of Colonial-era jurists drawing a distinction between auxiliaries and mercenaries, with auxiliaries serving their prince when sent to the aid of another prince, and mercenaries serving a foreign prince as individuals.[1] By this distinction the troops which served in the American Revolution were auxiliaries.

colors -> Tracht

Tracht (German pronunciation: [ˈtʁaxt]) refers to traditional garments in German-speaking countries and regions. Although the word is most often associated with Bavarian, Austrian, South Tyrolian and Trentino garments, including lederhosen and dirndls, many other German-speaking peoples have them, as did the former Danube Swabian populations of Central Europe.

Little Red Riding Hood is named Rotkäppchen (little red cap) in Germany. And our local version of the fairytale is because young girls caps were red, married green, when kids of a woman were adult green changed to blue, with grandchildren to violet and widows hat black.

Schwalm-Eder-Kreis-Rotk%C3%A4ppchenland-

• Appreciation 1
45 minutes ago, chattius said:

colors -> Tracht

Tracht (German pronunciation: [ˈtʁaxt]) refers to traditional garments in German-speaking countries and regions. Although the word is most often associated with Bavarian, Austrian, South Tyrolian and Trentino garments, including lederhosen and dirndls, many other German-speaking peoples have them, as did the former Danube Swabian populations of Central Europe.

Little Red Riding Hood is named Rotkäppchen (little red cap) in Germany. And our local version of the fairytale is because young girls caps were red, married green, when kids of a woman were adult green changed to blue, with grandchildren to violet and widows hat black.

Schwalm-Eder-Kreis-Rotk%C3%A4ppchenland-

Tracht -> cultural

:)

gogo