The Related Word Game - 2017!

gasoline -> Ligroin

Ligroin was used to refuel the world's first production automobile, the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, on a long distance journey between Mannheim and Pforzheim. Bertha Benz added ligroin to the vehicle at a pharmacy in Wiesloch, making it the first filling station in history.

She cleaned a blocked fuel line with her hat pin and used her garter as insulation material.[14][15] A blacksmith had to help mend a chain at one point. When the wooden brakes began to fail, Benz visited a cobbler to install leather, making the world's first pair of brake lining. An evaporative cooling system was employed to cool the engine, making water supply a big worry along the trip.[16] The trio added water to their supply every time they stopped.[9] The car's two gears were not enough to surmount uphill inclines and Eugen and Richard often had to push the vehicle up steep roads.[9] Benz reached Pforzheim somewhat after dusk, notifying her husband of her successful journey by telegram. She drove back to Mannheim several days later.

The novel trip received a great deal of publicity, as she had sought. The drive was a key event in the technical development of the automobile. The pioneering couple introduced several improvements after Bertha's experiences. She reported everything that had happened along the way and made important suggestions, such as the introduction of an additional gear for climbing hills and brake linings to improve brake-power. Her trip proved to the burgeoning automotive industry that test drives were essential to their business.[4][9]

Sometimes it needs a strong woman to make an invention a success.

Hot Sauce -> Chili ginger.

I make a mean delicious sweet chili ginger sauce, that is just a bit sticky...

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Hot Sauce -> Chili ginger.

I make a mean delicious sweet chili ginger sauce, that is just a bit sticky...

Thats gotta be one of my top five food profiles

south east asia... sold!

chilli ginger -> sweet!

:drool:

gogo

poses -> photography

Some years back our second was sending a photo to a photo magazin with the theme people at work. She wasn't really thinking to have a chance (our oldest doing forest work with horses while fog at sunset) but she hoped for the 3rd or 2nd price: portrait or landscape lenses. But accidently she won: a week with a professional photographer for photos of more or less dressed models. Was somehow strange because there was no age limit for the senders of photos. She was 15 and I had to give the okay. I phoned and they changed it to a female fashion photographer. Our second was a bit shy because it were only two years after a bicycle crash against a car and her body still recovering from skin transplantations. Well she learned to do posing and portrait photography. And seeing how a good photographer can make the scars looking interesting the week was considered a success. .

• Appreciation 1