The Related Word Game - 2017!

Cult Comedy -> Hedwig and the Angry Inch

This remains one of my favorite movies. I fully understand why it never really appealed to the mainstream when it first came out. But as a teenager struggling with feelings of loneliness and rejection for just being who he is, this film struck a very deep chord. Even now I find the musical numbers extremely endearing, and the film is beautifully acted.

What is funny though, is that this film was adapted into a brilliant Broadway musical starring Dexter's Michael C. Hall; and more recently, How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris. 

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Delta! said:

Cult Comedy -> Hedwig and the Angry Inch

This remains one of my favorite movies. I fully understand why it never really appealed to the mainstream when it first came out. But as a teenager struggling with feelings of loneliness and rejection for just being who he is, this film struck a very deep chord. Even now I find the musical numbers extremely endearing, and the film is beautifully acted.

What is funny though, is that this film was adapted into a brilliant Broadway musical starring Dexter's Michael C. Hall; and more recently, How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris. 

Havent seen it but I loved the read of your critique, will hunt it up ty !

Hedwig and the Angry Inch -> brilliant

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, chattius said:

chess -> Siedler von Catan / Settlers of Catan

Still our favourite family board game for rainy days. We still have one of the first copies. Played it when in the time we dated together with friends.

settlers of catan -> pictionary

Love that idea Chattius.. just came from a long weekend with the family and always looking for a way to pull them away from the TV!

:dance2:

gogo

boggle -> Brückenrätsel

Translate as Bridge riddle. With German words longer than english ones in general, boggle allows only very short words. A Brückenrätsel is for longer connected words. The start of a word is given and the end of another. You have to find the word which makes both to existing connected words.

GROSS|XXXXX|UNSER, Solution VATER, Grossvater (grandfather), Vaterunser (pater noster)

KAMMER|XXXXXX|LATEIN. Solution JAEGER, Kammerjäger (chamber hunter, one who removes termites and rats from houses), Jägerlatein (hunter's latin, the special language hunters have for animals, parts, tracks)

Brueckenraetsel.gif

• Like! 1

Brückenrätsel -> Riddle of the Sphinx

image.thumb.png.f69ecf4eeba3a242db56b5508ead0001.png

Popularized by the story of Oedipus in the Iliad

Choose your Destiny relationship -> A Knight's Tale

The movie titles Spain and Italy are: Destino de caballero, Il destino di un cavaliere.

A Knight's Tale -> The Order

I looooooved a Knight's Tale, though I cringe at the historical inaccuracies. Alan Tudyk was brilliant as always, and it's hard to imagine Paul Bettany as the Vision when you watch a Knight's Tale. 

The Order was a very different film, but I thought of it because it brought three of the main actors together again. Tragically 2003 CG notwithstanding, it is a very interesting premise.

• Like! 1

The order -> Chartreux

A breed of cat rumoured from carthusian monks at their main monastry in the Chartreuse mointains. I had a Chartreux from my sister when at army and for more 10 years. My sister had a brain tumor and so her cats were spread in the family.

635px-IC_Blue_Melody_Flipper_CHA_male_EX

• Appreciation 1