The Related Word Game - 2017!

skydiving -> Katharina Paulus

What a life,

First with a license for flying machines (airships, ballons  and planes) in Germany. Air acrobat and first sky diver, ... Invented the foldable parachute. highest german medal for civilists in world war 1 because her parachutes saved lot and lots of pilots life, ...

After WW1 flying was forbidden in Germany, her parachutes were copied and she became poor and had to earn money by air acrobatics aged over 60...

K%C3%A4the_Paulus_ca._1890_Fotomontage_3

Before her it was like this. The parachute was mounted below a ballon and the the ballon was released.

1024px-First_parachute2.jpg

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, chattius said:

skydiving -> Katharina Paulus

What a life,

First with a license for flying machines (airships, ballons  and planes) in Germany. Air acrobat and first sky diver, ... Invented the foldable parachute. highest german medal for civilists in world war 1 because her parachutes saved lot and lots of pilots life, ...

After WW1 flying was forbidden in Germany, her parachutes were copied and she became poor and had to earn money by air acrobatics aged over 60...

K%C3%A4the_Paulus_ca._1890_Fotomontage_3

Before her it was like this. The parachute was mounted below a ballon and the the ballon was released.

1024px-First_parachute2.jpg

Lovely history! Alas, poor inventors...their strife is legendary :cry:

Katharina Paulus -> Tesla

needs no explanation right?

:D

gogo

Musk -> smell

Ever had an otter entering the airhole of your barn storage cellar and unable to leave? He is as smelly as a skunk when in panic. The funny thing is that the bad smelling musk is a big component in perfumes.

baking -> Quark-Öl-Teig (Quark-oil-dough)

One of the quickest dough's I know, can be used as a replacement for yeast dough or for pizza.

But friends in America say Quark is nearly impossible to get there. I grew up with quark, quark in dough, in cooling bandages, used for making farmer's cheese. And the german Käsekuchen (cheese cake) is mainly Quark in the topping.

So is there an english word for Quark-Öl-Teig or a replacement for quark?

150 g Quark

6 eating spoons milk

6  eating spoons oil

a bit salt

300 g flour

1 portion baking powder

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Delta! said:

Quark-Öl-Teig -> deep fried 

deep fried => chicken

8 hours ago, chattius said:

One of the quickest dough's I know, can be used as a replacement for yeast dough or for pizza.

But friends in America say Quark is nearly impossible to get there. I grew up with quark, quark in dough, in cooling bandages, used for making farmer's cheese. And the german Käsekuchen (cheese cake) is mainly Quark in the topping.

So is there an english word for Quark-Öl-Teig or a replacement for quark?

It looks like cottage cheese is my first thought. Quickest dough recipe I know is roughly equal parts greek yoghurt and self raising flour.

jambalaya ->Himmel und Erde (heaven and earth)

Typical autumn food when apples, pears, onions are ripe and it was cool enough to have no flies around when doing home butchering.

Several variants dependant on the area.

We do it with local stuff: one third potatoe. one third pears and one third apples. All boiled and roughly mashed. Fat released from greenback cubes and used to fry onion (rings). The crispy greenback remains added to the onions. Since we have easy access to Bratwurst made from boar we add them.

Much like the picture from Wiki, but more colorful, red onions, yellow inside apples, pink potato and the boar Bratwurst is way darker than normal one. Lunch for free: either garden or boars which had to be killed after colliding with a car.

Himmel-und-Erde-01.jpg

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

jambalaya ->Himmel und Erde (heaven and earth)

Typical autumn food when apples, pears, onions are ripe and it was cool enough to have no flies around when doing home butchering.

Several variants dependant on the area.

We do it with local stuff: one third potatoe. one third pears and one third apples. All boiled and roughly mashed. Fat released from greenback cubes and used to fry onion (rings). The crispy greenback remains added to the onions. Since we have easy access to Bratwurst made from boar we add them.

Much like the picture from Wiki, but more colorful, red onions, yellow inside apples, pink potato and the boar Bratwurst is way darker than normal one. Lunch for free: either garden or boars which had to be killed after colliding with a car.

Himmel-und-Erde-01.jpg

I love the pic, lots or protein and simple attention to details, no fussing

Himmel und Erde (heaven and earth) ->  tequilla sunrise

deee...lish

:D

gogo

happy hour -> blue hour

First heard it from my older sister who is a trained photographer. For me as an early teen blue hour was the hour when it was getting dark in summer and I had to bring my girlfriend back to her parents.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, chattius said:

happy hour -> blue hour

First heard it from my older sister who is a trained photographer. For me as an early teen blue hour was the hour when it was getting dark in summer and I had to bring my girlfriend back to her parents.

Lol blue hour … ayup 😎

blue hour ~ special

😉

gogo

treatment -> hydrotherapy

We have a firefighter long time project, turning the rivelet in our village into a multipurpose Kneipp hydrotherapy thing.

Making the rivelet broader = less risk of flood

make it so that it can be used for hydrotherapy for people, dogs, horses, ...

incluse ponds as water reserve for fires

fishes should still be able to pass it ...

Being in open air, in nature, with pebbles and earth below the undressed feet is better than doing it indoor we think

should be something like this for people, but rivelet splitted in 4 smaller ones: fish, people, horses and dogs

funny n-a-k-e-d feet were automaticall turned into undressed ones :)

1024px-Kneipp-Wassertretanlage_Kaplaneib

• Haha 1