The Related Word Game - 2017!

passion fruit -> vinaigrette

A faulty foodtruck was parked at an emergency stop place near our secondary road once. The cooling was not working and the driver was ordered to sell fruits from the truck. We had a lot of Maracuja and passion fruits to make experiments with recipes found on german chefkoch or other sites.

asparagus with shrimps, maracuja vinaigrette and rosmarin oven potatoes (normally ones too small to be skinned or stored)

spargel-mit-maracuja-vinaigrette-und-gar

1 minute ago, Delta! said:

Seafood -> Shellfish.

Seafood, chicken, red meats, salads, pasta with more cream based sauces are great...

shellfish -> shrimps

alas...twice now in a row while handling raw shrimp and chucking a few into my mouth while noone was looking that I've developed a allergy with my mouth and throat getting a bit swollen

boo hoo

:cry:

gogo

pollack (fish?) -> HackMack

HackMack is a traditional firefighter food, mainly at paid city firefighters who are stationed in a department.

Matjes(soused herring) and onions are put in a grinder

apples, pickled cucumbers, boiled eggs fine cut

all mixed

minutes before serving add steak tartar and a shot rum to the mix

If it is getting grey it is riped.

If the fire alarm rings before eating - place the HackMack in a pot and cover it with high percent alchohol booze so you can eat it when the firefighting is done.

We have a more local variant using stuff from our area (no herring).

Carsign of firefighter truck states that it is city firefighter of Berlin

10865826_754978234582283_559566703462503

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

pollack (fish?) -> HackMack

HackMack is a traditional firefighter food, mainly at paid city firefighters who are stationed in a department.

Matjes(soused herring) and onions are put in a grinder

apples, pickled cucumbers, boiled eggs fine cut

all mixed

minutes before serving add steak tartar and a shot rum to the mix

If it is getting grey it is riped.

If the fire alarm rings before eating - place the HackMack in a pot and cover it with high percent alchohol booze so you can eat it when the firefighting is done.

We have a more local variant using stuff from our area (no herring).

Carsign of firefighter truck states that it is city firefighter of Berlin

10865826_754978234582283_559566703462503

HackMack -> taste

alcoholic herrings? :O :oooo:

that would require me some time 

:lol:

gogo

Taste -> barbaric

We are gourmands and not gourmets, or was it the other way around, or both?

Table_Manners_and_Etiquette

The alcohol didn't add much, the aetheric oils from herbs for decoration have a stronger taste. The alcohol was mainly to keep it fresh. Given that it is an old recipe: it has already nearly everything to recover from hard work in a nice mix. The alcohol prevents bacteria. New studies show that alcohol will gas out and build an alcoholic atmosphere above the HackMack if stored for a longer time in a closed container. So a shot is really enough for desinfection but doesn't add much to taste.

The ratio from fish to steak tartare is 1:1.

• Like! 1

unbridled -> Equestrian vaulting

In German unbridled is ungezügelt (without reins).

Voltigieren: Nice sport combining care for horses, acrobatics, bravery, ... My cousine was 4th in european championships and has a horse farm and is a trainer now. Our oldest was state champion in all-girl youth team competition. Our second second in team and first in single competition in her age. And then an idiot car driver hit her bicycle. Our third was more in music and the twins had no chance to train cause of covid.

The funny looking jumping run from the teams atthe start is to warm up the muscles and find the rythm of the horse

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, chattius said:

unbridled -> Equestrian vaulting

In German unbridled is ungezügelt (without reins).

Voltigieren: Nice sport combining care for horses, acrobatics, bravery, ... My cousine was 4th in european championships and has a horse farm and is a trainer now. Our oldest was state champion in all-girl youth team competition. Our second second in team and first in single competition in her age. And then an idiot car driver hit her bicycle. Our third was more in music and the twins had no chance to train cause of covid.

The funny looking jumping run from the teams atthe start is to warm up the muscles and find the rythm of the horse

never really was too much around horses myself...but did ride some elephants a few times when I was a kid in Sri Lanka!

equestrian vaulting -> competition

:cool:

gogo

Equestrian vaulting

47 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

never really was too much around horses myself...but did ride some elephants a few times when I was a kid in Sri Lanka!

Elephants... Never rode one. We have BIIIIGGG cold blood horses for tree moving. They are also slow, peaceful and having a broad back. Nice to learn equestrian vaulting

Competition -> noble crayfish

So many old recipes from ancestorys using noble crayfish, but:

This species was once abundant in Europe, although it was expensive to buy, and is considered to be the finest edible crayfish.[2] It is, however, susceptible to the crayfish plague carried by the invasive North American species signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus), so is listed as a vulnerable species on the IUCN Red List.[1]

Knock on wood... 4th year in series without seeing an American invader in our rivelet.

drool -> Troll

Good restaurants don't like lip smacking, drooling. Because of this some restaurants along the Trollstigen pass (my wife and me did a bike trip through norway 3 years ago) had signs like this:

img_5041.jpg

The troll sign is a traffic sign you find a lot at the roads around Trollstigen.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, chattius said:

drool -> Troll

Good restaurants don't like lip smacking, drooling. Because of this some restaurants along the Trollstigen pass (my wife and me did a bike trip through norway 3 years ago) had signs like this:

img_5041.jpg

The troll sign is a traffic sign you find a lot at the roads around Trollstigen.

gimme a troll anyday!

troll -> cutes

:heart:

gogo