The Related Word Game - 2017!

axiom -> Riemann hypothesis

Many many books in a math library start with: If the Riemann hypothesis is correct then all theories and calcules in this book are correct. If not, well we hope you have fun reading.

The hypothesis is one of the biggest unsolved mathematical problems and sadly some book try to take it as an axiom and not what it is: a hypothesis

26 minutes ago, chattius said:

beer ->Reinheitsgebot

WOW! Germany sure has a lot of beer!

I prefer red wine, but have tasted beer that I find pleasant enough to drink a glass off.

Reinheitsgebot -> Protection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_designation_of_origin

There are many ingredients and foods that are protected under the PDO, and I think it is wonderful.

Protection designation of origin -> Handkäse

Wiki lists it as Frankfurt speciality. I was born and lived my first 6 years in Wetzlar and I can tell you that 3 of 4 companies making it are located in a single small village Hüttenberg-Hochelheim just 6 kilometres south of Wetzlar. My grandma did her own Handkäse and we still do it sometimes at our house for some traditional recipes.

Strong smell and aroma, but only 0,3% fat, very high on proteins, nearly lactose free and no calf to be slaughtered to make it. I know bodybuilders who prefer Handkäse to special protein mixes.

This time of the year my girls like a salade from apples, pears, quinces, rutabega, Handkäse, nuts, red onions, herbs ,...

In early summer it would be strawberries and seasonal salades:

erdbeersalat-mit-harzer-kaese.jpg

german recipe here:

https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1037921208872725/Erdbeersalat-mit-Harzer-Kaese.html

The salade hides the Handkäse (or Harzer cheese) with a marinade. It is made so (how to say it political correct) for people with fine noses at the same dish who are not used to this very special aroma ;)

Terroir -> land

My surname of Terblanche translates directly from French into... white land... 

So a French speaking guy that I studied with called me "White Land" and I asked him one day why? He said "because of your surname, it means white land"... I felt a bit stupid.

4 hours ago, chattius said:

unique -> eye

The chemical store room at work has iris recognition. So I hope my sexy blue eyes are unique ;)

crazy-blue-eyes-big-smile-emoji-sticker-

That’s so cool!, 

And also the subject of a number of post apocalyptic movies where someone takes an eyeball to put it in front of the scanner…🤭😄🙈

eye  - security

🙈

gogo