The Related Word Game - 2017!

Detail -> Attention 

At chef's school, my lecturer said that I do not pay enough attention to detail, and Pastry would be hard for me... I wanted to reply with

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Delta! said:

Detail -> Attention 

At chef's school, my lecturer said that I do not pay enough attention to detail, and Pastry would be hard for me... I wanted to reply with

haha thats so LOL... and just out of curriosity who threw that snowball 

attention -> focus

Glad you were determined Theuns, you made a lot of happy humans' sweet tooths satisfied

:)

gogo

Moirê -> 120 film

Moirê effect is when a rectigular pattern is turned a bit and overlaps with the patter of the chip. Analogue film doesn't have it. I have 3 old cameras using 120 film. With new laws in Europe doing street fotography with digital cameras is an ask before you shoot to be on the save side of law because digital is under data protections laws.

No digital laws at  good old analogue.

Our second had to build her own twin lens from a kit before she was allowed to use the twin lens' from my grandpa.

My favourite analogue is a Leica CL from my uncle. He worked at Leica and gave me the camera for travels. When he turned to a M4-P he gave me his CL with a 40mm lens at my 18th birthday. DId all fotos when at army and later at university with it.

It's nice to be born in a town with  two camera and 5 lens maker companies :)

71KFuYrYYKL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_1281-1000x667.jpg

3-4-600x399.jpg

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, chattius said:

Moirê -> 120 film

Moirê effect is when a rectigular pattern is turned a bit and overlaps with the patter of the chip. Analogue film doesn't have it. I have 3 old cameras using 120 film. With new laws in Europe doing street fotography with digital cameras is an ask before you shoot to be on the save side of law because digital is under data protections laws.

No digital laws at  good old analogue.

Our second had to build her own twin lens from a kit before she was allowed to use the twin lens' from my grandpa.

My favourite analogue is a Leica CL from my uncle. He worked at Leica and gave me the camera for travels. When he turned to a M4-P he gave me his CL with a 40mm lens at my 18th birthday. DId all fotos when at army and later at university with it.

It's nice to be born in a town with  two camera and 5 lens maker companies :)

71KFuYrYYKL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_1281-1000x667.jpg

3-4-600x399.jpg

120 film -> 360 cam

my buddy in a Austria just got one... W O W..NEVER seen anything like it before... I  thought he was using a drone... and look what he does at the ened

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G5MiaiAyT8SBBA2r8

MAGIC

:oooo:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

page -> pager

remember those?

:lol:

gogo

pager -> POCSAG

You think town ;)

Not many masts for cellular phones in countryside. There is a high danger that an emergency is either in a receiving black hole or the  ONLY sending mast in a wide area is in a forest fire, or ...

So here volunteer firefighters still use analogue pagers in case this happens. The signal is radiated analog on emergency frequencies and translated into digital at the receiving end.

img-01-eric-pager.jpg

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, chattius said:

pager -> POCSAG

You think town ;)

Not many masts for cellular phones in countryside. There is a high danger that an emergency is either in a receiving black hole or the  ONLY sending mast in a wide area is in a forest fire, or ...

So here volunteer firefighters still use analogue pagers in case this happens. The signal is radiated analog on emergency frequencies and translated into digital at the receiving end.

img-01-eric-pager.jpg

pagers still alive... great info Chattius.. and so particular to your craft :thumbsup:

pocsag -> communication

:D

gogo

call -> calligraphy

We have election day today and as mayor I have to overlook the local voting. With only 101 voters all was done before midday. But law says the place has to be opened till 6pm in case people with a car failure, or from neighbour villages want to or need to vote at our place. So while sitting around I am doing documents for 25, 40, 50 years membership at firefighters. The main part is printed but the individual part I have to do manual. I did classes in calligraphy some years back to do it properly.

numbers -> amount

I am busy buying my own home. A ground floor apartment, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, with a small garden... I am sooooo excited about it

amount -> interests

With the negative interests many people decide to do buy a house and prices explode. When my parents were buying theirs the interests were at 11%. They took higher paid work which demanded a lot of living at powerplant building locations at different locations for some years before buying. Myself, we bought the old family house of my grandpa nobody else in the family wanted. So we had to pay out my siblings and cousines.

Most money however was needed for repair.

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, chattius said:

amount -> interests

With the negative interests many people decide to do buy a house and prices explode. When my parents were buying theirs the interests were at 11%. They took higher paid work which demanded a lot of living at powerplant building locations at different locations for some years before buying. Myself, we bought the old family house of my grandpa nobody else in the family wanted. So we had to pay out my siblings and cousines.

Most money however was needed for repair.

families and homes...

family -> drama

yeeeeeks, it will be coming up enough with us

:cry:

gogo

soap opera => detergent

"Soap Operas" got the moniker because they targeted women who were "housekeeping engineers" and took breaks to watch drama on television which always advertised laundry detergents, as well as bath soaps, cereal, coffee, and a variety of other goods that ladies would purchase during trips to the grocery store.

:coffeecup:

detergent -> DIY

We are not connected to a waste watersystem. Cleaning is done by pouring the waste water on wood splinters and then leading into a pond with special plants. So we need special detergents which are as few chemicals as possible. Cheapest and best control are do it yourself mixes