The Related Word Game - 2017!

On 1/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, gogoblender said:

lol soooooooo huge... aw cmon.. lil bit of photo shop no? :D

They can get this big. The Deutscher Riese (german giant) was breeded from the Flemish Giant Rabbit 100+years ago for meat and fur. In America Deutsche Riesen are considered Flemish giants. in Europe they have an own breeding classification. From the flemish giant wiki:

The worlds largest rabbit is Darius, a Flemish Giant rabbit that weighs 49 pounds and measures out to an impressive 4 feet and 4 inches.

Darius is the one with the girl I posted.

Another teddybear rabbit:

1280px-Runt_and_Paxie.jpg

cuddly -> Leonberger

Granddaughter used our Leo's for learning to walk, same as her aunts btw.

• zomgod! 1
31 minutes ago, chattius said:

They can get this big. The Deutscher Riese (german giant) was breeded from the Flemish Giant Rabbit 100+years ago for meat and fur. In America Deutsche Riesen are considered Flemish giants. in Europe they have an own breeding classification. From the flemish giant wiki:

Darius is the one with the girl I posted.

Another teddybear rabbit:

1280px-Runt_and_Paxie.jpg

cuddly -> Leonberger

Granddaughter used our Leo's for learning to walk, same as her aunts btw.

ill pass on making that rabbit upset :P

Leonberger...funny you posted that, i was looking up breeds that are double coated to withstand most amount of cold ... less than ten a think, and a pekingese is one of them :4rofl:

leonberger -winter dog

:D

gogo

4 hours ago, chattius said:

We were choosing the Leo's because

A dog can't be big enough if you have daughters and live mid in a forest - bodyguard.

Leo#s are very very child friendly- living teddybear

Leo's can be trained as water rescue dogs - Baywatch in Furs at our nearby lakes and ponds

The problem is: they are rare and many breeders go for look and not for character of a dog. We bought a not so perfect looking one first. It was way healthier than his siblings but never won a price, not even close. We breeded it with another not perfect one - legs straight, back not going down much,... now near 20 years with Leo's our not so perfect Leo's start to win prices because new breeding standards go away from often ill and unhealthy beauty towards healthy dogs. The average age ours reach is 11.2 years, which is aboveaverage age of similar sized dogs.

second variety -> A scanner darkly

Read it at army at a weekend readiness without action. Was in garrison library.

A scanner darkly -> animation

I remember when this came out, it was edgy, gonna have to make time for it one day

and... just loving your dog Chattius, if any of you have pix , pls share

:heart:

gogo

hearing aid => Eh? :dntknw:

Not from personal experience, I heard that many who get a hearing aid don't use it. It turns out that they start to hear the sudden cacophony of sounds and loud noises outside such as trucks passing and they prefer the silence. That sort of makes sense. Still, I would prefer to hear Sacred 2 when I'm playing it. :hooyaah:

• Like! 1

Hearing aids need training and it is best if you startto use them as long as you hearing still not too bad. Most people wait too long. Many people tried and were unsatisfied. But Moore's law says that every 2 years the next chip generation has double the transistors. A hearing aid which costed 4000€ 4 years back is now at 1000€. Modern signal prcessors are way better than they were before. My mother says that even her ears got worse she hears better than 4 years back. Her's has a remote control for loudness, situational settings: filter away distant noises if talking, filter away certain voices if sitting at a table with many people, ...

Eh -> Hä?

Local Hessian slang is 'Hä?' for 'Sorry, I am not understanding you. Would you please have the great kindness of repeating it slowly?'

61zE1kOMvZL._AC_SX466_.jpg

• Like! 1

Hä?  -> Ah Ha

laughter is THE best sound in the world :heart:

@Hooyaah I remember watching a VERY old movie a long time ago... about a boxer who was awesome and hearing deaf, he got hearing back (dont remember how now) and his boxing performance took a dive.  In the final few minutes a big hit to the head rendered his hearing once again silent and he could focus and won the fight! wish i remembered its name now :P

@chattius one of my fave groups.Ah Ha :lol: 

Ah Ha => Take On Me

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hä?  -> Ah Ha

laughter is THE best sound in the world :heart:

@Hooyaah I remember watching a VERY old movie a long time ago... about a boxer who was awesome and hearing deaf, he got hearing back (dont remember how now) and his boxing performance took a dive.  In the final few minutes a big hit to the head rendered his hearing once again silent and he could focus and won the fight! wish I remembered its name now :P

@chattius one of my fave groups.Ah Ha :lol: 

Rommel, the movie in question must be Flesh and Fury. Paul Callan (played by Tony Curtis) is a deaf boxer. It was filmed in the early '50s.

"I'm not old. Consider the unfathomable depths to the beginning of time and then forward to its end. For such is nothing as much a blink of the eye to its Creator."

• Respect! 1

challenge -> Action Replay

Did and still do foil fencing. Nowadays mainly as a left handed sparring partner for kids and niece. At foil fencing you can request a video check. If you were right you don't loose a request. It is mainly to check if an attack was parryed and the right of way (to attack) changed.

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, Delta! said:

Action replay -> rewind

rewind -> Arnold Schwarzenegger

remember anyone remember Total Recall?

violent, gory and smart

:schot:

gogo

p.s. @ Hooyaa Dang, Steve, you got it!!! I found a youtube scene with the ending, time travel machine, LOL...i must have watched it in Black and white :4rofl: 

Just now, chattius said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger -> Lilliputian

He is only 188cm. That is below average size in our family, and I count the girls ;)

:tomato:

Lilliputian -? brobdingnagian

LOVE Swift

great reference Chattius

:thumbsup:

gogo