The Related Word Game - 2017!

Cult Classis -> Die Feuerzangenbowle / The fire-tongs bowle

Since the 1980s, the film has gained cult film status at many German universities. During party-like showings in university auditoriums in early December, students bring props to participate in the movie's action similar to audience participation in showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. For example, the audience will ring alarm clocks whenever an alarm clock rings in the movie and use flashlights when Hans Pfeiffer uses a pocket mirror to pinpoint the location of the Goths on a map behind the teacher to help a fellow student in history class. In 2006, more than 10,000 students participated in this tradition in Göttingen alone.[4]

At my university the movie was shown the last day university was open before x-mas.

• Like! 1

stars -> light pollution

My little niece was on easter visit and asked why the night sky was so strange. I said it's the milky way. She said, she had only seen view really bright stars grewing up in a Munich, but never connected them with the milky way.

• Like! 1

growing issue -> stretch

I had an extreme amount of stretch scars on my upper thighs, a few on my chest and arms when I was about 15/16 years of age and then only started growing... It took me a whole years of broken vocal cords and random speaking squeeks to fully finish puberty...

• zomgod! 1
28 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Stretch Armstrong :hooyaah:

Steve Austin

Ahahahhaha I   Steve I remember stretch! But there was something a little gruesome about the toy

🫣

gogo

9 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Austin, Texas (It's "Austentatious"):hooyaah:

Bbq

Just finished work gonna go head down to the grocery store and pick up some rotisserie chicken…

🤤 

gogo

montreal style smoked meat -> Sauerbraten

Work horses, celtic cows used for farm work, old wild game, ... To make the meat eatable it has to be marinated for up to two weeks. Sauer means sour and comes from the marinade. Braten is smoked meat. Countryside recipes are many times about how to make certain things eatable in time of need. In centuries of trying it became a delicatesse, at least for us barbarians.

I do my own special fruit wine for the marinades. And I put the marinade and the meat in vacuum plastic bags, much like this:

M52234-Sauerbraten-Grundrezept-4-Q75-750

• Like! 1

wasabi -> spaghetti alla colatura di alici

When I was 13 and we were living near the french border there was this cute italian girl in the neighbour house. Her mom did spaghetti using colatura di alici. Obviously I wanted to write this to the oyster sauce  :theuns:

I watched how the sauce was done when I had my first Eurorail ticket before starting university. Three month through europe with 2nd class trains. Nice place to visit, even without the sauce.

ngcb19

spaghetti alla colatura di alici => anchovies (when it comes to pizza, "no anchovies, please" and for that matter, no pineapple either):nooo: