The Related Word Game - 2017!

ermine -> cat

Before around 16th century the house cat was taking the role the ermine was the mouse hunter on farms. Painting from Leonardo Da Vinci

446px-Lady_with_an_Ermine_-_Leonardo_da_

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

ermine -> cat

Before around 16th century the house cat was taking the role the ermine was the mouse hunter on farms. Painting from Leonardo Da Vinci

446px-Lady_with_an_Ermine_-_Leonardo_da_

Cat ~> nip

😎

gogo

Schot -> Mast- und Schotbruch

Being at a naval air wing I heard this often when starting at heavy seas. A macabre sailor wish and not so positive as 'fair winds and following seas.'

A Schot (sheet) is the rope or chain which sets the angle of the sail to the wind. So it is a breaking of the masts and sheets of a ship.

Similiar is the saying 'Hals- und Beinbruch'  (neck and leg fracture) which is often translated as 'Break a leg'.

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3

• Haha 1

Popeye => club

When my father was a kid he was a member of the Popeye Club. He would go to the Saturday morning movies at a theater in Houston. He would have a quarter dollar when he got there. He'd buy his ticket and get some popcorn and see Popeye, Our Gang, (The Little Rascals) and other cartoons as well as a feature presentation. During the intermission, prizes would be given away. He'd still have a dime left when it was time to go home. :hooyaah:

• Like! 1

satyr -> Faun

Faun(us) is the roman equivalent to the greek satyr. Faun is also the name of a German band, one the best bands doing medieval music. They mainly perform in German, but there are some songs in other languages. 'Hymn to Pan' is in English, nice music (like most of Faun) to relax while with 200km/h on an Autobahn.

My favourite is Federkleid (clothing made from feathers, plumage). The video starts with a red kite. Red kites are breeding 200 metres away from our house and I like to watch them.

Over the heather in the next matutinal shine the birds fly. Where could they be tomorrow? I follow the rushs of their wings into the silent moor. Where Ancient songs come through the mists Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances Mist like silk Strikes my skin so cold Forward and forward Where is my longing destiny? I close my eyes and I grow a plumage Again I feel the wind and open my wings wide Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances The heavens in you How can I know them, can I see them? We dance in our flight Like the stars, who follow their path Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

satyr -> Faun

Faun(us) is the roman equivalent to the greek satyr. Faun is also the name of a German band, one the best bands doing medieval music. They mainly perform in German, but there are some songs in other languages. 'Hymn to Pan' is in English, nice music (like most of Faun) to relax while with 200km/h on an Autobahn.

My favourite is Federkleid (clothing made from feathers, plumage). The video starts with a red kite. Red kites are breeding 200 metres away from our house and I like to watch them.

Over the heather in the next matutinal shine the birds fly. Where could they be tomorrow? I follow the rushs of their wings into the silent moor. Where Ancient songs come through the mists Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances Mist like silk Strikes my skin so cold Forward and forward Where is my longing destiny? I close my eyes and I grow a plumage Again I feel the wind and open my wings wide Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances The heavens in you How can I know them, can I see them? We dance in our flight Like the stars, who follow their path Come and fly with us along Let yourself be taken away from this place Come and fly as high as you could Let us hunt the heaven The wind dances

Dang...that was the word i wanted, faun, not satyr..

:4rofl:

faun -> flora

:D

gogo

I wonder why Flora and not Fauna is a female dog name.

fauna -> sauna

We will do a complete check of our Fasssauna (barrel sauna) this weekend before it will be rebuild at my brothers's place.