The Related Word Game - 2017!

1999 -> 2001

Best opening scene of any SciFI movie. One minute silence showing apes in mountains and then starting with Richard Strauss 'Also sprach Zarathustra' as music one ape discovered using tools and weapon. He throws the weapon into the sky and when a cut and the  bone transforms into a spaceship.

cegep -> Abitur für Nichtschüler (secondary education for non scholars/pupils)

My niece did one. You can demand a test if you qualify for the Abitur (certification after end of secondary education after 12-13 years of schooling) even you didn't visit a school. You have to proof that your education is equivalent. She was taught 3 years for being a controller in food industry. While using bus and train for the job she learned languages, nature science were taught at here job training. Then she studied medicine specialized in allergies and food poisons after passing the test which allowed to join university. Her job training was quite useful for this part of medicine.

• Like! 1

insects -> hornet

I am getting better in talking to people. People often call firefighters when having a hornet nest. But most people accept them now when being in an old tree, bird house, ... Having them in the house is another thing. But I prefer hornets over wasps. Hornets like to feed on insects, wasps on sweet stuff. So it is more likey to be stung by a wasp hidden in a fruit or in an open cola bottle. I watched hornets emptying a paper wasp nest in just 2 hours in our garden once. Not in the open as in the video. They waited in front of the wasp net hole for a wasp, caught it, next hornet moving in position for the next wasp, ...

• Like! 1