The Related Word Game - 2017!

quarter pounder with cheese > Dirty Burger

Little backstory on that: Used to install hardline for cable companies. We got paid per pole so me and my co-worker were always trying to do as much as possible. If we stopped for lunch we would always refer to it as getting something "quick and dirty" since we didn't want to stop working for long. Well since McDonalds are everywhere, we often stopped there. 'Quick and Dirty' soon evolved into 'Dirty Burgers'.

One day we stopped at a McDonalds and without thinking I ordered 2 Dirty Burgers. The looks on the employees faces soon made me realize my mistake. I tried explaining the phrase to them and it didn't disparage on their food but they were having none of it. Needless to say, we didn't have lunch that day :P

larva -> maggot

and don't anyone say faggot. It is a gay term that I actually find offensive. and remember, we cause hurricanes...

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/08/29/ann-coulter-is-just-wondering-whether-gay-sex-caused-hurricane-harvey/

I know what you mean, Theuns, that word is particulary offensive if used in that context. I pulled out some reference sites , and they still show multiple listings for different meanings.

Depending on the "context" it can be perceived as being offensive or not?

Unless something has happened lately and all the previous meanings of the word have been suppressed?

Onwards word game :viking:

wound therapy -> nurse

omgod...did you guys see what happened to that nurse who did not want to give blood sample? I think I saw red for the two days it appeared in News...there is just not enough justice for what that poor lady had to go through :oooo:

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

maggot > wound therapy

@ Delta...not that any one would use that word in here, in that context (yes I know it's slang for a cigarette in the UK). And I find it offensive also, but if anyone did decide to post that...all I have to say is this...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to troll, I can tell you I don't have patience. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long moderating career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you decide to delete your post now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for your post, I will find your post, and I will kill your post.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Liam Neeson rocks!

(lol hope I got the right reference)

Also... do you know the entire quote from heart ?

:P

gogo

done dirt cheap -> kids playing

o-DIRT-KID-facebook.jpg

:)

gogo

p.s. oh the joy of gettng mud caked on everything and just loving so squish/squoosh around.

oh the not joy of getting md caked on everything and just knwoing that being squichy /squooshy would get you thrown into the washer dryer fora week...o_O

Kids Playing -> LOUD!

Thanx for the support guys.

My nephews playing are quite loud... screaming and yelling, yet I don't mind very much... Alex finds it to be a particular part of hell