The Related Word Game - 2017!

flying saucer -> marital quarrel

Wife high pregnant with first kid. Living in a cheap appartment for students with no electrical dishwasher. I was putting new bright wallpapers in the coming baby place, she was drying the whiteware when the hormones kicked in. She got angry about something and smashed some of them and cried some nice words about me. When I entered I saw , believe it or not, flying saucers flying in my direction.

As a long year goalie I catched some of them. Obviously a mistake: 'You ....,-  there is no satisfaction if they don't fragment on the wall'- I raised my hands and slowly left moving backwards...

• zomgod! 1

Chorizo -> Ahle Worscht, Ahle Wurst, old sausage

Local delicatesse.

Normally made from just grown out pigs which lived outdoor and build up muscles, The meat has to be processed warm and rough cut, normally at house butcherings. Only salt and pepper allowed, no chemicals.

Filled in intestines while still warm it has to ripe for 4 weeks at temperatures indoors around 15C. Normally the heat in a patchwork house kitchen ;)

Then it is air dried just below the roof of said patchwork house. Normally corn was stored there and so the wind can blow through holes so the corn (in germany corn is wheat or rye) would get dry and build no molds or bacteria.

Our family used to make it from local wool pig (nearly died out race) and the ripe process was up to 9 month. I use boar and the meat has slightly less water content so the ripe process is done after 6-7 month.

Nearly all of my Ahle Worscht sausages are used as birthday presents.

The picture at the english wiki is one for export and tourists. Obviously no natural intestine used

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahle_Wurst

1280px-Ahle_Wurst.jpg

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, chattius said:

Chorizo -> Ahle Worscht, Ahle Wurst, old sausage

Local delicatesse.

Normally made from just grown out pigs which lived outdoor and build up muscles, The meat has to be processed warm and rough cut, normally at house butcherings. Only salt and pepper allowed, no chemicals.

Filled in intestines while still warm it has to ripe for 4 weeks at temperatures indoors around 15C. Normally the heat in a patchwork house kitchen ;)

Then it is air dried just below the roof of said patchwork house. Normally corn was stored there and so the wind can blow through holes so the corn (in germany corn is wheat or rye) would get dry and build no molds or bacteria.

Our family used to make it from local wool pig (nearly died out race) and the ripe process was up to 9 month. I use boar and the meat has slightly less water content so the ripe process is done after 6-7 month.

Nearly all of my Ahle Worscht sausages are used as birthday presents.

The picture at the english wiki is one for export and tourists. Obviously no natural intestine used

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahle_Wurst

1280px-Ahle_Wurst.jpg

ALWAYS LOVE THE GREAT READS RE HOW FOOD'S THOUGHTFULLY put together.  The part that makes me hungriest :thumbsup:

Ahle Worscht, Ahle Wurst, old sausage -> bacon

:)

gogo

smokey -> Smokie

'Living next door to Alice' was a big hit here in Germany. But after some years teens in discotheques weren't grewn up with the song. So a DJ tuned down the loudness and asked into the microphon...

And this is how Smokie and our firefighter band plays it nowadays.