The Related Word Game - 2017!

Riders of Rohan -> William Tell Overture /Rossini

Get the lown mower , CHARGE the gras!!!

My mom used to drum the rythm of charge part of the overture on the desk when I wasn't following her command right away.

Book was from Friedrich Schiller. Rossini did the opera. Older of us probably remember it from Lone Ranger?

I like this version best, reminds me when we try it with our family, lots of instruments.

Stirring -> Astquirl

Don't know the english word. Propbably an eggbeater would be close. But a quirl is more a rotating movement. We still have some (family of wood workers) and I carve some here and then as birthday presents for people who have everything. You know how to make fire with a wooden stick? The idea for the Astquirl is quite similiar:: by rolling it between your hands it rotates quite quickly, fast enough to make cream. Was used before electric and steel ones became popular.

Astquirl is normally the name for a point at a tree/branch where several twigs grow in different directions like a star. Removing the bark and softening the pole part results in a useful tool. Shortened to quirl it gave the name to a set of kitchen tools. The ancient Astquirl is right on the picture below:

1280546_orig.jpg

• Like! 1

Sears => catalog

At one time in history, the Sears & Roebuck catalog was so thick that folks use to leave it in the outdoor privy to use instead of toilet paper!

:D

catalog -> model flying

The only catalog I couldn't have early enough each year as a boy was the one for model flying. Latest model I build was from bird feathers and for a winter competion for indoor flying at our gilder club (big ones, not models). I was disqualified for not reading the rules... I used a condensator to drive an electro engine. Rules only said no batteries allowed, not no electro engine. Most had rubber bands to drive the propeller.

Discussable if a condensator is a battery... Next year they are allowed. They can fly so much longer when using a condensator ;)

These little indoor models are hightech battles... Ultra light weight rubber, condensators, rc-receiver below 0.4 gramm, .... So to reduce costs a bit we now only allow models based on feathers, no nano foil for the wings and such any more.

federn.jpg

repurpose -> Isaiah 2:3–2:4

The 'Swords to ploughshares' part in the bible is probably the second mentioning of repurpose. The first was sadly the other way around. Many weapons were repurposed farm tools (Kobudo).

• Respect! 1