The Related Word Game - 2017!

hog -> pound

hedgehogs below one pound weight rarely survive hibernation

we try to catch the small ones way before hibernation

build boxes for them with food and a warm place for night

with luck they gain enough weight

if not, we have hibernation boxes in the deep clay cellar with a constant temperatures

This time of the year the feed (cat food mixed with cornflakes and dried fruits) and warm place is tried

In 6 weeks if still to light we would have to catch them.

Our boxes are similiar but are styropor boxes with 8cm wands from work. Problem is that they are still labeled with the name of explosives which were in. Nice that explosives save the life of hedgehogs but I would have to cover the labels and I didn't exspect tp post about hedgehogs today. So foto is from hedgehog helppage.

SM_1013_igel_innen_1160x640.jpg

• Like! 1

paste -> marinade

To be a real barbarian you have be an expert in marination. With marination you can transform useless meat from a 25 year old dead working horse into a gourmet meal (Sauerbraten). Or more often at our place an old male boar...

800px-Sauerbraten-mariniert.jpg

• Haha 1

Marinade -> glaze

I like to reduce the marinade liquid, to thicken it a bit and cook out any blood that has leaked into the marinade. And use it afterwards as a sauce, or if it has a very glossy finish you can call it a glaze.

In Pastry kitchen, a glaze will generally cover a cake/torte/tart, and it contains gelatin, a lot of sugar, and generally cream and/or milk. With a good glaze you should be able to see your own reflection.

• Like! 1