The Related Word Game - 2017!

Hoards -> Rheingold

A cursed hoard of the Nibelungen (Nibelungenhort) at the river Rhein. Wagner Opera called Rheingold, another the Ring of the Nibelungen, the Siegfried (Sigurd) saga, ...

The Ring of the Nibelungen is way older than Tolkien, a cursed ring made by Loki...

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

Hoards -> Rheingold

A cursed hoard of the Nibelungen (Nibelungenhort) at the river Rhein. Wagner Opera called Rheingold, another the Ring of the Nibelungen, the Siegfried (Sigurd) saga, ...

The Ring of the Nibelungen is way older than Tolkien, a cursed ring made by Loki...

rheingold -> precursor

I forgot and never made that connection tween Tolkien and Sigurd... did Tolkien *gasp* steal it ?

:eek:

gogo

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

rheingold -> precursor

I forgot and never made that connection tween Tolkien and Sigurd... did Tolkien *gasp* steal it ?

:eek:

gogo

Prophet -> bicycle(it is a brand)

@gogo: The cursed ring theme, probably kinda yes because Tolkien researched the old myths:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Sigurd_and_Gudrún

Tolkien_-_The_Legend_of_Sigurd_and_Gudru

• Like! 1

Playing Cards -> Bridge 

My mom taught us, my Fiance and I "boere brug (farmers bridge) " or "oh S..." (can't swear) but because often times people will say "oh Shi" when they realise they are going to take more or less packs than what they thought.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Delta! said:

Playing Cards -> Bridge 

My mom taught us, my Fiance and I "boere brug (farmers bridge) " or "oh S..." (can't swear) but because often times people will say "oh Shi" when they realise they are going to take more or less packs than what they thought.

Always wanted to play that game. One of my aunts is super expert at it,,, complex, subtle and highly competitive

bridge -> over troubled waters

:music:

gogo

Town -> Hamlet

image.png.af6be285cbcfa481e027f2bb18d83764.png

Sometimes can't believe we lived in Franschhoek for three years. It's a beautiful little town, but the actual living there versus visiting for a few days are two experiences ne'er the twain shall meet!

• Like! 1

Hamlet -> Aussiedlerhof

For some years when my parents were travelling from power plant building site to the next we kids lived at our grandparents. The village grew too much around the old farm to have room for machines. So they build a new farm house, machine hall, barns away from the village. My cousine uses it now mainly as a horse farm for the horses of daughters of bankers from Frankfurt who want a horse but have no room.

• Like! 1