The Related Word Game - 2017!

gulabjammun -> Quarkbällchen

my grandparents used to say:

Was der Bauer nicht kennt frisst er nicht. A farmer won't eat stuff he doesn't know.

The speaking is probably from the time when potato were new and many tried to eat the potato fruits ;)

Quark is close to a soft cheese and is mixed into the yeast dough. So Quarkbällchen translates as small softcheese balls.

Quarkb%C3%A4llchen.jpg

• Like! 1

Croquembouche -> marone

Croquembouche - we have something similiar: Windbeutelpyramide

Marones are the fruits from special chestnut trees. Marones were a base food before the potato was wider spread. We have still some 200+ year old trees. Our family has some recipes which are about filling the Windbeutel with a cream from marones. Roasted marones used to be sold on x-mas markets and the smell belongs to pre-xmas for me.

Green harvested marones were pierced with needles, washed for days (laying a a rivelet for us), boiled and then riped in a sugar syrup for year. Black nuts, Palastien truffles are common names, We call them Schwatznüss (slang for black nuts). They are used like truffles.

I think our potato to marone ratio used along the year is like 2:1.

• Like! 1

Empathetic -> me

I am quite an empathic person... Even though I want to become a serial killer... I find it impossible to break people down mentally/emotionally... Don't look for me in the highlights of every news report.

• Haha 1

Diva -> Citroen DS

La Deesse , french for goddess

Diva because it was very modern with a lot of new ideas at its time. Looking good, but technic troubles in the first year because all new.

Did the picture some year ago at the market place before the Cathedrale of Wetzlar (my birthtown). The guy seen above the rear wheel with the camera is me in front of the cathedrale ;)

LaDéesse-4074.JPG