The Related Word Game - 2017!

Landed -> Entail

https://www.britannica.com/topic/entail

Up until as recently as the last century - when women were still unable to own their own property - a "landed gentleman" was someone who automatically came with a parcel of land attached to him. This ownership was completely inalienable and still forms the basis for most commonwealth inheritance laws.  In particular this was a hurdle that had to be tackled when gay marriage was first proposed, as the current verbiage of the law does not allow for any natural ownership between two people of the same gender, irrespective of time.

What that means is, two men can be in a relationship for years and years - even have a civil partnership (which was the gay precursor to Marriage) - living in a house owned by one partner. If that partner passed away, the other guy would have no legal claim because property is entailed through blood or marriage. Which gave rise to a lot of gay men literally adopting their partners. This was still happening as late as 2010.

prognosticate -> procastinate.

If there was a pill to cure procrastination... I'll probably take it tomorrow...

• Haha 1

Sleep -> soundly.

I am craving a good looooong nights sleep, only waking up after 11 in the morning... Have been doing 14hour shifts again for 3 days this week, and yesterday was 16 hours...

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Delta! said:

Sleep -> soundly.

I am craving a good looooong nights sleep, only waking up after 11 in the morning... Have been doing 14hour shifts again for 3 days this week, and yesterday was 16 hours...

soundly -> beaten

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. I get a little paranoid when I dont feel like im getting or am not going to get my full hours.  I did work in a restaurant for a long time, but was never chef and didnt have those crazy hours I see in media.. hoping tonight this Sunday is better for you with some relaxing music and soft soft pillows!

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

soundly -> beaten

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. I get a little paranoid when I dont feel like im getting or am not going to get my full hours.  I did work in a restaurant for a long time, but was never chef and didnt have those crazy hours I see in media.. hoping tonight this Sunday is better for you with some relaxing music and soft soft pillows!

Thank you gogo. But I just got home from a 12,5 hour shift, and I am baking the bread tomorrow. So I am starting at 3 in the morning... Not much sleep to be had in the few hours... I keep that for my off days

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Thank you gogo. But I just got home from a 12,5 hour shift, and I am baking the bread tomorrow. So I am starting at 3 in the morning... Not much sleep to be had in the few hours... I keep that for my off days

sleeeeeeeeeeep friend... and keep those comfy pillows only for rest and not for any mean ideas to mean people in your life at work :4rofl:

benedict -> difficult

heard they're difficult eggs to make

:)

gogo

herbal -> purgatory

A good herbal liqueur is Vegefeuer. Fegefeuer (purgatory) sounds similiar and Vegefeuer is a wordplay with Fegefeuer (because 55% alcohol) and Veg for herbal. Yes 55% means it burns and my wife say it tastes better if some alcohol is burned. I rarely drink because of my job, but if then I like it unburned and cool as ice.

The liqueur was winning the gold medal at San Francisco World Spirits.

https://www.vegefeuer.com/en/

Vegefeuer-liqueur.jpg

• Like! 1