The Related Word Game - 2017!

sweet -> Speierling

If apples for apple-wine or apple-juice are too sweet a few Speierlings can help. The fruits are not harvested from the tree (up to 100 feet high) but rather from ground when they are becoming brown and ugly. The fruits on the tree are normally to sour. The German name Speierling means that you spei=spit them out when trying to eat them. We did a few younf Speierling trees last years. They can stand higher temperatures (global warming) and give high value wood. Planing some generations in advance.

Around Frankfurt a 'Speierling' is an applewine made from 95-97% apples and 3-5% Speierlings. The Speierlings reduce sweetness, makes it more crazy-looking and helps to longer the life of the wine in a bottle.

Banana -> bread

I love banana bread! With lots of butter on! And banana bread French toast is soooo good. With caramelized banana and pecan nuts, bacon... I am drooling

We did selfmade full grain farmers bread, butter, Nutella and banana slices as a school bread for the kids till school changed from 6days to 5 days but with afternoons and school cafeteria The sugar gives energy right away, the butter fat after some hours and the full grain after some more hours, the banana and the bread minerals, ...

Bread -> Gemeindebackhaus

In German community baking house is a single word ;)

Perpetual Stew-> Bivouac

When I did my exam as officer in German naval air wing we had to do survival training and we were using all we could find and had, quite like perpetual stew. Also I learned to like food from field kitchens. Some food like pea soup is a lot more tasty if prepared in large amounts. Small amounts are ugly to spice, with large amounts it is way easier to keep the balance between spices.

navy -> Sea Eagle

SMS Seeadler (sea eagle) was a sailship re-equipped as a commerce raider commanded by Graf Luckner in WW1. It captured or sunk 16 enemy ships before it was wrecked in a monster wave. The survivors were stranded on an empty island, managed to caper a small sailship,...

When I was a boy there was a TV series about Graf Luckner. He also wrote a book.

41U8QEfb+KL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg