The Related Word Game - 2017!

eco friendly -> Drehbank (woodworking lathe)

Our machine hall still has the old woodworking tools from my grandpa. I did some wooden spinners, wood animals, pipes,...  using the metalmade woodworking lathe. It only rotates the wood and you have tohold the cutter manually but it works nicely.

• Like! 1

Water -> Sekt oder Selters

The nearly mineral spring at Selters was name giver for Selters, mineral water with natural CO2 (Selterz has its origin here).

'Sekt oder Selters!'

is a saying and battle cry at sports., like all (Champagne) or nothing (mineral water). The winner often gets a bottle of Sekt (sparkling wine) and the looser mineral water to clean the mouth and throat.

• Like! 1

heartburn -> potato

Pressing the liquid from a raw potato and drinking the liquid stabilizes the stomach acids to a degree. Grandma learned it when being a 17year old nurse at the end of the war. No doctors, no medicaments, so knowing the properties of plants was very useful. When we were kids she explained everything about the plants near the road when we did walks.

There were some studies in german speaking countries and there was a significant effect. But as always with potato: no gree, no damaged skin, ...

The funny thing is that eating potato salade of mashed potato may cause heartburn, while strangely raw juice fights it.

all meats pizza with extra cheese -> Zwiebelkuchen

Guess every family has its own recipe, all common are onions (Zwiebeln). Quickly done at guests. AT my house normally served with a selfmade Speierling applewine.

• Like! 1

Zwiebelkuchen -> pizza pizza

we just ordered from them last night.. HIT GOLD. u know how that sometimes happens... i find often times pizza is hit and miss... this was a simple one too.. extra sauce, good pepperoni and strong raw onion...

Tp the top!

IMG_7844.jpg