The Related Word Game - 2017!

sizzle -> Bratwurst

I do them my own from wild boar (Wildschwein) which makes them a Wildschweinbratwurst. Often I add some herbs (Kräuter) and cheese (Käse) into the mix before filling into the casings. So it would be a Kräuterwildschweinkäsebratwurst and the cheese and herbs soften the strong taste of a boar a bit. Makes them more kid friendly.

And yes, in the pan they 'brutzeln'= sizzle.

Butchers sell them made from normal pig:

grafik.png.e7bd68344f9346e45e3b1ccc78a730d4.png

• Like! 1

recipe -> road

Recipe, lot of training. You need a 5mm grinder, a press to fill the casing (in case of a boar the boar is a source for the casing, ugly work)...

Sadly I sometimes have more boar meat than needed, so I try some variants. We use to freeze Bratwurst for later use: grilling, parties, remove the casing and form meat balls for quick soup, rice pans because the spicing is already done, ..

The border of our fields and forest is a Landesstraße (state road). Lot of injured boars leaving the road and the landowner is the owner of animals which have to be killed because of collision with cars, shot because of overpopulation, mutations (two rapiers instead of antlers, males fighting for females might be killed), ...

Landesstraßen (singular: Landesstraße) are roads in Germany and Austria that are, as a rule, the responsibility of the respective German or Austrian federal state. The term may therefore be translated as "state road". They are roads that cross the boundary of a rural or urban district (Landkreis or Kreisfreie Stadt). A Landesstraße is thus less important than a Bundesstraße or federal road, but more significant than a Kreisstraße or district road. The classification of a road as a Landesstraße is a legal matter.

How to make a Bratwurst in English. Just add herbs and cheese cubes as you like.

https://www.daringgourmet.com/homemade-german-bratwurst/

Squint -> gay

Long story short. Squint in Afrikaans is "skeel" but can also be used in some places for "Skeef". Both mean not straight, and gay men are referred to as "hy is skeef" meaning, he is not straight

• Like! 1

rose -> Rosé-Bier

While beer can be a mix of chemicals, Bier has to follow the oldest german law still in use which allows only barley, hop, water. Yeast was not named because leftovers of the fermentation were used to start the next, Law is 505 years old and microscopes and chenistry not known.

So Rosé-Bier is done by producing malt in different ways to add a slightly red colour. It has more aroma in the malt.

csm_rosebock_glas_33a343ef65.png

• Like! 1

root beer -> Malzgetränk (malt drink, malta)

Brewed like a beer (barley and hops), but the yeast is added at 0C . This is too cold to produce much alcohol. In difference to a Bier sugar can be added, best if it is fruit sugar, adds to the taste. The yeast is a source for B-Vitamins, so a good drink for vegans because there food is normally low on B's.

FL_Packshots_mit_Glas_Malz_350x570.png

• Like! 1