The Related Word Game - 2017!

4 hours ago, Delta! said:

Stephen King -> multiverse

Never knew...

I love reading about derived fact like that on my favorite authors... good find  Theuns!

multverse -> Marvel

:D

gogo

rifle -> Drilling

Zwillinge are twins, Drillinge are triplets. It is a gun with 3 three barrels of at least two different calibres so a hunter/ranger is prepared to each situation. My oldest one is nearly 70 years old and was given to me by the widow of a former hunter. She had no weapon license and the weapons of her husband would have to be destroyed. 

A modern one without the gravures of hunting scenes older ones typical had. My oldest is more like a double barrel break action shotgun with a additional mauser calibre barrel for deers. It allowed to insert another 'deer' barrel into one of the shotgun barrels.

Blaser_Bockdrilling_BD14_Standard_1140px

ib_adjustment.png

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

oil patch => Texas :JC-tumbleweed:

Steve when I saw your post with the word texas... such huge nostalgia... when we were kids and visiting Sri Lanka, my parents gave us ... zowie for the time!! digital watches... and the song they kept playing over and over again every time we'd press the button... Yellow Rose of Texas... we'd go up against and aunt or uncle and then with our watches besides each of their ears...Yellow Rose of Texas!

Texas -> Yellow Rose of Texas

Yeee haw!

:hooyaah:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Yellow Rose of Texas => Texas Rose Festival

Famous for its roses, Tyler's Annual Rose Festival is in October!

1347458879_tyler1.gif.43677d49a1ed22b3d1dd6cfa5237f30d.gif

This song was very popular during the American Civil War; my great, great grandfather, a hero of this odious conflict, doubtlessly sang this song on long marches. Perhaps, someday I will recount some tales of his valor under heavy enemy fire and cannonading.

• Appreciation 1

Yellow Rose of Texas => Texas Rose Festival

Famous for its roses, Tyler's Annual Rose Festival is in October!

1347458879_tyler1.gif.43677d49a1ed22b3d1dd6cfa5237f30d.gif

This song was very popular during the American Civil War; my great, great grandfather, a hero of this odious conflict, doubtlessly sang this song on long marches. Perhaps, someday I will recount some tales of his valor under heavy enemy fire and cannonading.

Texas Rose Festival =-> bloom!

:gogo:

gogo

I never connected to the words... but seeing them now... wow...they fit right into the tun...duh for me...lol but still delighted...  :D I love Glory movie with Mathew Broderick... first time i saw it it terrorized my heart , got my tears out... I often over and over watch that final scene with i think is one of the most splendid filmed...still holds... 

One of my oldest friends actually had a chest of confederate dollars? Loads of them... his side of the family came from the south

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, Delta! said:

Bloom -> gelatin

When you hydrate Gelatin it is referred to as blooming.

Gelatin -> evil monster 

Isn’t there a giant Jell-O cube in dungeons and dragons that runs around and dungeons eating people

😂

gogo

mathematician -> non euclidian

got that term from a great science fiction short story... alien kids left their toys on earth... none of the grown ups "got" any of it...but the youngest child could...and she began to  G R O W 

great fun 

:)

gogo

parallels => lines

Parallel lines have so much in common! It's too bad they'll never meet. :dntknw:

:3lmao:

lines -> punishment

oh, all those lines from early days..

:lol:

gogo