Looking for Moonpaw's Spawn.txt Editor

<p>Oh, please, does anyone have a copy of this Editor anywhere? The Spawn rate is driving me insane and there's just no way I can edit 4800 entries by hand.</p>

<p>Official source is down: <a href="http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19813-sacred-2-downloads-moonpaws-spawntxt-editor-with-gui/">http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19813-sacred-2-downloads-moonpaws-spawntxt-editor-with-gui/</a></p>

It was removed at her request. When she left, she said she wanted none of her files shared on DarkMatters anymore. You can try messaging her but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

FYI though I've made many modifications to spawn.txt, I've never used her tool. I do find-replaces on the "total_density =" parameters.

It was removed at her request. When she left, she said she wanted none of her files shared on DarkMatters anymore. You can try messaging her but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

FYI though I've made many modifications to spawn.txt, I've never used her tool. I do find-replaces on the "total_density =" parameters.

She's been inactive since 2014, I seriously doubt I'll get a reply. Oh well, I guess I could do a replace all, or maybe a mathematical operation, like /2? I wonder if Notepad++ supports that and how I'd be able to achieve it.

Edited by srsly2

Yeah a replace all wouldn't take that long. Start with the smaller numbers and work your way up. Total Density parameter is usually between 5-30.

So for example I'd just replace all total_density = 6 with total_density = 3 , then keep going until you hit 30 and replace it with 15 or 10 or something.

Another option may be to do it through balance.txt

Spawn_FactorPM = {1000,1100,1175,1250,1350},

This is just a guess but I think this is the parameter for spawn density in multiplayer games. The first number would be 1 player aka single player, second number would be a 2 player game, etc.. So decreasing the first number may decrease global spawn count in single player. Haven't tested it though.

Another balance.txt line that may be of interest is

respawnTimeStandard =

If this number is increased, enemies will take longer to respawn after an area has been cleared.

• Like! 1

Yeah a replace all wouldn't take that long. Start with the smaller numbers and work your way up. Total Density parameter is usually between 5-30.

So for example I'd just replace all total_density = 6 with total_density = 3 , then keep going until you hit 30 and replace it with 15 or 10 or something.

Another option may be to do it through balance.txt

Spawn_FactorPM = {1000,1100,1175,1250,1350},

This is just a guess but I think this is the parameter for spawn density in multiplayer games. The first number would be 1 player aka single player, second number would be a 2 player game, etc.. So decreasing the first number may decrease global spawn count in single player. Haven't tested it though.

Another balance.txt line that may be of interest is

respawnTimeStandard =

If this number is increased, enemies will take longer to respawn after an area has been cleared.

Hey, that's a great idea, I'll just do that. Thanks a bunch.

• Like! 1

It's outdated. Made for an older version of the game. One of the reasons I haven't shared. Nobody should be using this program.

• Like! 1