Edit descriptions and one more question

Hello :)

I just made a cursed forest inspired bloodmage Inquisitior and it works pretty good.

But I still don't know how to change the names and descriptions of the new abilities and their Modifications. Could you Tell me where to find the Data File that is responsible for that?

My second question is a bit more complicatet: I want to add an ability that summons enemies which Can be used for a constant supply of Souls and corpses, based of the divine gift: sakkara ability.

I haven't tested it, but I don't See a reasons why it shouldn't work.

The problem is that I don't want those summoned enemies to reward any experience (or 1XP is fine) and more importantly that they don't drop items.

Is this possible? If yes, could you Tell me which Files I have to modify, and how.

Thank you so much!

If anyone is interested, I Can upload the finished bloodmage class (its balanced based of the latest CM Patch without the enhanced CA Mod)

And thanks die keeping sacred 2 alive ;)

• Like! 1

Hello :)

I just made a cursed forest inspired bloodmage Inquisitior and it works pretty good.

But I still don't know how to change the names and descriptions of the new abilities and their Modifications. Could you Tell me where to find the Data File that is responsible for that?

My second question is a bit more complicatet: I want to add an ability that summons enemies which Can be used for a constant supply of Souls and corpses, based of the divine gift: sakkara ability.

I haven't tested it, but I don't See a reasons why it shouldn't work.

The problem is that I don't want those summoned enemies to reward any experience (or 1XP is fine) and more importantly that they don't drop items.

Is this possible? If yes, could you Tell me which Files I have to modify, and how.

Thank you so much!

If anyone is interested, I Can upload the finished bloodmage class (its balanced based of the latest CM Patch without the enhanced CA Mod)

And thanks die keeping sacred 2 alive ;)

And as well as that treasure trove of info posted by Flix....

a hearty welcome to DarkMatters, Ben

We're happy you found our little community here for all stuffs Sacred

welcome to the boards

:)

gogo

Wow, you are awesome!

The abilities I've changed so far:

Gruesome Inquisition:
Just Purifying Chastisement.
(I wanted to make an caster but I think every class should have a weapon catagory)

Astute Supremacy:
Levin Array, Raving Thrust, and Zealous Doppelganger.

Nefarious Netherworld:
Everything at least so much I have to change their descriptions.
Dislodged Spirit, Paralyzing Dread, Inexorable Subjugation, Eruptive Desecration, and Soul Reaver.

I don't think you get any xp or loot from killing the Sakkara demon (maybe?) so I don't think that should be a problem.

I'll Test the sakkara demon Thing today to See If automaticly all Unis that are summoned this way don't reward anything. We'll See!

EDIT: If I summon anything but the sakkara Demon, the Unit gives me the amount of XP and Items it normally does. It seems like I have to make my own creature but I still haven't found witch file defines how much "base XP" a specific creature grants and how many items will drop. Doesn't seem to be in the "creatures.txt" or the "creatureinfo.txt".

EDIT2: After I've made the changes to the decoded globalEn text file (I haven't yet, you didn't exaggerate with "vast and unorganised" :D ) , what should I do then? I gues I will have to code it again so the game can read it?

Edited by justwanttodownload

Thanks again!

About the 0 XP thing, I tried around and its not even possible to summon more than just one creature through the sakkara Demon spell class, so the idea is dead anyways. ^^

I'll upload the class into the "affliction warlock" thread someone made, because it matches the playstyle he mentioned, if anyone's interested.

• Like! 1

Thanks again!

About the 0 XP thing, I tried around and its not even possible to summon more than just one creature through the sakkara Demon spell class, so the idea is dead anyways. ^^

I'll upload the class into the "affliction warlock" thread someone made, because it matches the playstyle he mentioned, if anyone's interested.

hi

If you have a workable build you actually want to share,you can upload to our site here at DarkMatters... others have shared their builds there as well in our downloads section:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2017 at 7:30 PM, Flix said:

You can use S2rw to encode the text file after you made changes. Check this topic where I describe how to use it. If you have trouble, you can also send it to me after you made your changes and I'll encode it for you. :)

Flix ... Could you help me :) Whenever I try to change some text it happens ...

1.thumb.PNG.cf40684a34c03aaa1b9fd1d6d48ea346.PNG2.thumb.PNG.a310981efebafebb5efbeb8d58d88710.PNG

What am I doing wrong:)

P.S: When this does not happen, it simply does not change anything

P.S.S: As much as I generate a new "global.res" nothing is modified when I rename and put the game to run.

Edited by vagnerhammer

The problem of the text disappearing I was able to solve ... Now I can not generate a "global.res" that has the modifications that I made ...

Ca222turar.PNG.5694159774399d574ffbb421b8897781.PNG

The "S2rw" has accused that it is missing some files ... I made fictitious files and worked out except for the "plugin_win32platform.dll" ... Although "S2rw" says that the file is missing ... when I paste the fictitious in the "System" folder says that such a file already exists. If I replace the error set soon in the input ...

Another observation I made is that he detects that the game is in Russian, but he is in Spanish

Capt333urar.PNG.bf9d7da4c7d9d8395028b631a5f9eb34.PNG

In the end ... I really want to create a translation for the Portuguese of Sacred 2 ... If any of the brothers can give me a force on this procedure.

Thanks!

P.S: If someone could indicate some "step by step" tutorial would be great

Edited by vagnerhammer