I have developed a workable Single-Buff High Elf Build that holds its own at Gold Level 75. I tested the build in the Blood Wood with no near-death experiences, as she handily escapes the wicked Demonic Eyes. I believe that a viable play-through at Niob is likely.

lBmidZA.png

2IfHzAQ.png

I made certain to add in Skills for protection and to increase damage as much as I could. I modified The Mystic Stormite Combat Arts as follows:

Crystal Skin.pngCrystal Skin Glacial Mirror / Focalize / Mystic Stormite Expertise

Cascading Shroud.pngCascading Shroud Mist / Inconspicuous

Raging Nimbus.pngRaging Nimbus Hurricane / Roar / Cyclone

Glacial Thorns.pngGlacial Thorns Frost / Devastation / Fusillade

Frost Flare.pngFrost Flare Freeze / Frost / Icy Circle

Noticeably absent is the Combat Art Skill Concentration.pngConcentration and the Buff Grand Invigoration.pngGrand Invigoration . I used Crystal Skin's "Mystic Stormite Expertise" to speed CA regeneration and loaded her armor with "Chance to Halve Regeneration Time to cut the Regen in half. Constitution Mastery was made quickly and along with selecting the other protective skills in order to keep the (self-proclaimed) fragile lady healthy.

Finally, Tactics Lore.pngTactics Lore made way for Damage Lore.pngDamage Lore which makes the girl's power quite formidable, indeed, which also aids in keeping mobs at bay and defeating Bosses post haste..

• Like! 1

Yeah, one may inflate "all skills" to insane levels with this download: All Skills Amulets

The character as outlined above is just as workable with other item modifiers loaded/forged and different armor or weapons may be employed also.

• Like! 1

casting Glacial Thorns just behind a Boss and hearing the awesome sound of all the glacial thorns hiting him with critical hits, I love it; + the fx, so good :wizard::mellow:

It is!

I remember geting mesmerized by that singular effect while playing the High Elf... this alone was reason enough to have me keep leveling her to Niob in HC...

Sacred 2 got this right...but, and pls tell me if you agree or not... didnt you think the ice shards effect in original Sacred was incredibly potent looking as well?

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

If you play with Enhanced Spells you don't have to take Tactics Lore to get Damage Lore.

Making Damage Lore a secondary skill in the vanilla game was a terrible idea IMO, because this would always a force a spellcaster to take a (useless) weapon-based Offensive Skill in order to access Damage Lore.

That being said, I agree with Chattius here. What use is Damage Lore for an ice build? Ice doesn't cause any secondary damage like fire or poison, it just freezes enemies, which is a small movement penalty. All the ice spells already have built-in movement speed debuffs to enemies, meaning they'll be slowed to near immobility anyway. Combat Discipline on the other hand gives a big damage boost.

• Like! 1

Damage Lore mastery "increases effectiveness and duration of Secondary Effects and will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Glacial Thorns: Open Wounds and Freeze." This may be found of great benefit when defeating bosses. I think that Magic Staff Mastery would be a viable alternative to Tactics Lore yet, correct me if I'm wrong, TL increases the chance for critical hits of Glacial Thorns.

I always appreciate receiving excellent suggestions from other well-seasoned players; it seems that there are always new things to learn and yet another combination of variables to experiment with. That's one thing that enhances the allure of the game, even after so many years. Well, this is true for me, at any rate. Thank you to all you wise, wondrous world-class wizards out there for your helpful comments.

:wizard:

• Like! 1

Damage Lore mastery "increases effectiveness and duration of Secondary Effects and will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Glacial Thorns: Open Wounds and Freeze." This may be found of great benefit when defeating bosses.

Right, but in this case we're talking about the chance, duration, and strength of enemies walking slightly slower, and given they will already be barely moving due to all the movement speed penalties and freezing going on even without Damage Lore, I just can't see that taking two skills is worth one slight effect. Something like raw damage from Combat Discipline seems so much more appealing, especially if we're talking about defeating bosses. Plus there's the extra skill slot from ditching Tactics Lore.

I need to verify that Open Wounds will trigger from physical damage on spells. I copy-pasted that throughout all the combat art Wiki pages but sometimes things still surprise me. If something like Glacial Thorns does cause Open Wounds, then Damage Lore would have more value for an Ice Elf than I've given it credit for.

correct me if I'm wrong, TL increases the chance for critical hits of Glacial Thorns.

Ah, sadly no. Tactics Lore is not the aspect lore skill for any of the High Elf's aspects. It only boosts critical chance for those aspects that don't have their own Lore skill, in other words mostly weapon-based combat arts. As Glacial Thorns is a spell, its aspect lore is Mystic Stormite Lore.

Personnally I have never used Combat Discipline, on any character Oo Because I don't use combos mostly (one or two but with two spells max so), I don't find them really interesting (especially compared to Sacred 1 combos). Have I missed something? lol

Like Alchemy wich Chattius likes; never used it! I have to re-see my strategies!!

and pls tell me if you agree or not... didnt you think the ice shards effect in original Sacred was incredibly potent looking as well?

Sorry Gogo, I don't understand the question. You are talking about a BattleMage spell? (I have rarely played him mostly because of hard gameplay...)

Combat Discipline gives a 20% boost to all combat art damage. This includes spells as well as weapon-based Combat Arts that give a % damage boost to weapons. This bonus is received even without putting combat arts into combos. You don't have to use combos at all for the damage boost!

You can also put single combat arts into a combo and you will get a regeneration time bonus from Combat Discipline.

Considering that low regeneration times and high damage are the key to winning battles it's hard to imagine building a character WITHOUT combat discipline.

• Like! 1

This bonus is received even without putting combat arts into combos. You don't have to use combos at all for the damage boost!

Ooooh, I didn't know that at all!! Thought you actually had to put them in combos indeed!

Considering that low regeneration times and high damage are the key to winning battles it's hard to imagine building a character WITHOUT combat discipline.

I can't believe it. :cstars: The Wiki general Skills page is indeed ambiguous, hadn't checked the detailed page! I have to check the french description too in game because I had never imagine that!

Thanks Hooyaah for the post and thanks Flix for the explanation! Well, at least it will give me good reasons to re-do some chars and I can assure you I have beaten Niob with several chars without it.

• Like! 1