Does CM-PATCH 1.50 remove the max-level cap for all regions?

I never really had a good grasp on how this change was made, or if it really worked as intended. Are you saying that under CM 1.40 the max level caps were removed, but they returned in CM 1.50?

I never really had a good grasp on how this change was made, or if it really worked as intended. Are you saying that under CM 1.40 the max level caps were removed, but they returned in CM 1.50?

YES

• 3 weeks later...

I have a theory on why some enemies seem to have lower levels even though the regional caps are removed in CM Patch.

While most enemies are set to spawn in spawn.txt (randomly, in packs), there are also many enemies that are hand placed via sector files. These enemies are always in the same place. The starting areas around Sloeford are full of such creatures.

To the player, there's no difference between the two. Enemies added in the sector files are no different from those set in spawn.txt. Except for the levels. I believe enemies added in the sector files don't obey the level caps in region.txt

amazing analysis... Flix can any single original Dev even know all this stuff?

:blink:

gogo

I don't know much about game development but I'd wager they had teams specialized in certain areas. I doubt the talented artists who designed the 3D models could say much about writing the game code, and vice-versa.

Being a player-turned-modder, you start as a "big picture" person who can hopefully drill down to the inner workings. In other words you hopefully get the depth of knowledge of the original game creators, while also keeping the breadth of the whole project in view.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...