Spiderman homecoming... awesome!

Who remembers how sucky the last two spider mans were? IN fact I was just looking at the ending of the last spider man... the overly colorful over cgi animated garrish "thing" that was put out by the studios... its no wonder they were in such a rush to quickly find someone who could take the mantle. Tom Holland was excellent. This movie wasn't about franchise building, universe epical moments or massive alien invasions... just a small, local neighborhood kid trying to find his way after being bit and getting super powers.

Iron Man plays a role, but not too much of an intrusive one, and when he does show up its a classy moment, and always with aplomb and wit.

If this movie's not on your summer radar make sure you see it...its awesome, and will renew your faith.

oh yeah, it's kinda long... make sure you dont drink too much soft drink before going in to see it.

peace!

:D

gogo

Personally, I thought there was too much Iron Man, but I know cross-branding is Marvel's thing.

I'm still having trouble with Aunt May being so young.

IMO,Michael Keeton made the film.

• Like! 1

Personally, I thought there was too much Iron Man, but I know cross-branding is Marvel's thing.

I'm still having trouble with Aunt May being so young.

This threw me for a loop too... IN fact for a while, I was wonderng if they'd done some kind of a rewrite to get a younger lady in for the part as some sort of "new" thing for the fans... I really do love Marisa Tomei... she stole my heart in "crazy stupid love" and I've been following her since then

>

IMO,Michael Keeton made the film.

Agreed

I dont think I've ever seen him play a role badly, the guy just seems to hone in on the needed character with lazer accuracy. He's terrific villians now, nasty boss from robocop and now this... excited to see him rear his wings again (hopefully) in the next installment

:)

gogo

I quite enjoyed it too, bit of fun escapsim!

This movie wasn't about franchise building, universe epical moments or massive alien invasions... just a small, local neighborhood kid trying to find his way after being bit and getting super powers.

Yeah, given the Marvel universe is well set-up they didn't really need to do any building which helps. It sure beats another origin story for spiderman (or batman or any other character that we've already seen before!!).

• Like! 1

I quite enjoyed it too, bit of fun escapsim!

This movie wasn't about franchise building, universe epical moments or massive alien invasions... just a small, local neighborhood kid trying to find his way after being bit and getting super powers.

Yeah, given the Marvel universe is well set-up they didn't really need to do any building which helps. It sure beats another origin story for spiderman (or batman or any other character that we've already seen before!).

Out of the last two versions the first had the most heart... though I really cant stand the actor peter maguire in almost evreything he does... it seems like he's always leering or winking at the cam and not takinig it seriously...argh! lol... and of the second origin attempt...they just spent too much money and too much time and too much graphics on a simple spider bite...that whole underground metro scene that pops up out of the ground with the ghost of his parents in it... *groan*

sometimes simple is best, and this one started in a perfect place and performed admirably

:)

gogo

How long is long?

more than two hours...I had to go to the bathroom twice... last time EVER I buy a Jumbo Gulp

:oooo:

gogo

You could have just filled it up again ...

• Like! 1

I guess I could give it a shot. I thought X-Men franchise was irredeemable and then First Class & Days of Future Past turned that all around.

I haven't liked a Spider-Man movie since the very first one. And the more I think about it, Toby Maguire sucked in that role. I think I was just enchanted to see it since superhero movies weren't yet a monthly occurrence and Spider-Man was always my favorite comic.

Also, yowza Aunt May is bangin'. I grew with Aunt May being ancient and withered.

awkwardauntmaydisplay.jpg

• Like! 1

I guess I could give it a shot. I thought X-Men franchise was irredeemable and then First Class & Days of Future Past turned that all around.

I haven't liked a Spider-Man movie since the very first one. And the more I think about it, Toby Maguire sucked in that role. I think I was just enchanted to see it since superhero movies weren't yet a monthly occurrence and Spider-Man was always my favorite comic.

Also, yowza Aunt May is bangin'. I grew with Aunt May being ancient and withered.

awkwardauntmaydisplay.jpg

lol, she is! I was quite amused with everyone finding her hot and wanting to give her extra goods in the resto... completely me off my game... so happy that it's marissa tomei... im DEVOTED after this scene in crazy stupid love ...soo adorable, and funny

:devil:

gogo

• Like! 1