A few months ago I started working on a balance mod for Sacred 2 CM 1.50 + Elite Mounts Mod.
Being a balance mod I tried to nerf the strongest options and buff into usability the weaker ones. For example, among the nerfed things there are:
- 1H Weapons/Shields sockets
- Damage Mitigation Bonuses
- Percentile Life Leech (completely removed, replaced with flat LL)
- Block bonuses on shield unlocked by Shield Lore
- Among CAs: Divine protection, Expulse Magic, Acute Mind are the most notable ones
As for buffed things instead:
- 2H Weapons sockets
- Elite Mounts (but they need Riding)
- Inquisitor and TG
- CAs: Cleansing Brilliance, Raving Thrust and more
Almost all CAs have seen some changes. For many I took inspiration from the Enhanced spell Mod but I tried to keep replacements to a minimum as only 3 Combat arts were completely replaced: Shadow Veil -> Shivering Miasma, Dragon Form -> Dragon Strength (temp buff), Combat Trance -> Quick Mind (temp buff).
I'm posting this here in case someone wants to comment on the changes I made suggest other balance ideas or further develop this cause I don't know if I ever will, but it also felt like a waste to just leave it in my HDD forever unused... so you can do whatever you want with it.
Everything described in the changelog inside the rar is already implemented with the exception of text changes (where those are needed) to the english global.res cause I worked on the italian version.
UPDATE: A quick description of why I made some choices.
- 1H weapons and shields are clearly overpowered. I don't recall a 2H weapon that was worth it. So I drastically reduced the slots on the former and increased the slots on the latter. You can now choose 1H weapon+Shield and 1-2 sockets or a 2H weapons with 3 (less bonuses, more customization).
- Elite mounts have all 2 bonuses unlocked by riding to make this skill somewhat useful.
- Damage mitigation, toughness, shield block bonuses become too good too fast so the numbers have been lowered. Conversely, Speed lore has always been quite crappy so it got boosted.
- Temporary buffs must be temporary. Duration can't become higher than cooldown, and that's the main reason why things like Divine Intervention and Expulse Magic are among the most nerfed CAs.
- Inquisitor and TG are buffed as a whole cause I improved/increased their amulet and rings slots. TG needed this badly: he had 9 Equipment slots (8+1H weap) 1 amulet and 3 rings. HE has 9 Eq.slots as well (7+2) but 2 Amulets and 4 Rings.
- Something I tinkered a lot with are CA mods. I tweaked them or swapped them, mainly for one goal: I didn't want the choice (at each stage) to be obvious.
- Raving thrust is kinda fun now. It's an Area of Effect centered on the inquisitor instead of a single target spell.
- Dragon Mage can use his 2 new temporary buffs to become a decent attacker with weapons in addition to boosting his spellcasting abilities. I actually wanted to give him a hard-hit style CA but I can't remember why I couldn't make it work. The animation maybe?
- I couldn't think of a way to nerf shadow veil into fairness (without making it useless) so I straight up replaced it with the lost shivering miasma.
Edited by Caledor, 20 July 2017 - 05:09 PM.