Launching three times

Hello

Is there a way that would fix having to launch the game three times? (The first two times it launches only in the background and I have to use Task Manager to end the process, it always works the third time for some reason. I'm on Windows 10 x64, and I've tried various compatibility settings, too

Well John, I have experienced this same technical difficulty after I upgraded to Windows 10, 64-bit. I recall that I tried changing the settings to Windowed Mode and 3480 x 2160 resolution so I would have full-screen view with only the white line at the top. That seemed to help when I used that setting, yet that white line annoyed my sense of visual aesthetics so I changed it back. So, I have been abiding this frustrating game-launch delay as well. They say, "The third time is a charm." Nevertheless, a viable workaround would be a boon, indeed.

• Like! 1

This may be a fix to the "three attempts to launch" bugbear, as it has been working for me: Drag the Sacred 2 shortcut icon into the task-bar and then double left-click it to launch the game. Let us know if that works for you as well, John.

• 1 month later...

I am aware that if one uses a cache cleaner (such as CCleaner) and System "temporary files" is checked and the containing folder is then summarily deleted, the files which instruct Windows how to launch the game are removed and it takes yet another three attempts to recreate the file located in the temporary files folder again so that the game will launch with but a single attempt. So, if you do not empty the folder with a cache cleaner the game should launch with the first attempt every time. Therefore, you could avoid the three launch attempt bug that way or just have fun with it and say "Beetlejuice" all three times until the game launches. Nevertheless, I am not to be held responsible for the appearance of any unwanted or bothersome spirits.

Edited by Hooyaah
  • Like! 1
15 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I am aware that if one uses a cache cleaner (such as CCleaner) and System "temporary files" is checked and the containing folder is then summarily deleted, the files which instruct Windows how to launch the game are removed and it takes yet another three attempts to recreate the file located in the temporary files folder again so that the game will launch with but a single attempt. So, if you do not empty the folder with a cache cleaner the game should launch with the first attempt every time. Therefore, you could avoid the three launch attempt bug that way or just have fun with it and say "Beetlejuice" all three times until the game launches. Nevertheless, I am not to be held responsible for the appearance of any unwanted or bothersome spirits.

I'll try the beetlejuice trick then :D. But now more seriously, yes it is indeed CCleaner that seems to cause it. Thanks a lot for the help. Also, love the reworked forum! Great work on that.

Edited by John999
  • Thanks! 1