Adding New Portals to Community Patch

A portal in the southernmost part of the Jungle region would be cool, somewhere near the resurrection monolith before Kral's temple. Another one at the top of the waterfalls in the Elven region, east of Bluestonbury's. I can see a few more possibilities, with my pov being to close the gap between wide open areas. If you still need to activate the portal either way it means that you need to travel that distance at least once, but doing several runs on the game should be a lot smoother with a wider distribution of portals. It becomes much more interesting to come back later to those areas and do side-quests for instance. Just a thought, I don't know what your endgame is with these changes. ;)

• Like! 1

Yeah, you would have to visit the location at least once to unlock the "portal" via a captain/mage/travel agent, but once unlocked, they (and all ships/balloons) would act like portals. You would be able to just click them from the main map instead of having to track down another captain to take you there.

The goal being to reduce long walks and multiple teleports in order to revisit interesting places.

Libi's Pratfall and South Jungle are a good ideas.

• Like! 1

Well, if that's the case then I'd say:

- North of Sloedorf, somewhere above the semicircle of five resurrection monoliths (there's a huge blank area there).

- East in the Human region, near Bloodclaw's lair (you'd get five portals covering that whole area).

- Probably one more on Christmas Island, opposite to the one there is (so that you don't have to cover the entire island each and every time).

That's my two cents. ;)

• Like! 1

>"North of Sloedorf, somewhere above the semicircle of five resurrection monoliths (there's a huge blank area there)."

Yeah! I tried putting one near Benny's Corn Circles, but I had some major glitches. I could try a little more north, near the Old Dwarven Pass...

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Flix, this appears to be most comprehensive indeed. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the existing portals beneath the Seraphim Island area function so that one could transport below ground from above and vice-versa.

• Like! 1