Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

7 minutes ago, DevanT249Sacred2 said:

Is it bad that I can't find the react button...? :blush:

heh, sorry about that Devan. We're having some issues with the latest skin (one that comes after this one we're using) and the creator didnt put like or react buttons in this version :cry:  Scho'ts working on the upgrades and we're hoping to have a the like/react button in place asap!

:viking:

gogo

Just now, gogoblender said:

heh, sorry about that Devan. We're having some issues with the latest skin (one that comes after this one we're using) and the creator didnt put like or react buttons in this version :cry:  Scho'ts working on the upgrades and we're hoping to have a the like/react button in place asap!

:viking:

gogo

Oh, thanks!  I thought I was just being incredibly ignorant and completely overlooking it.  Good to know I'm not insane ;)

• Like! 1
1 minute ago, DevanT249Sacred2 said:

Oh, thanks!  I thought I was just being incredibly ignorant and completely overlooking it.  Good to know I'm not insane ;)

Interestingly enough, the like notifications exist using the "default" skin which can be chosen at the bottom of the forum. Their effects, however, cannot be seen by anyone else using the other skins

:blink:

gogo

Just now, gogoblender said:

Interestingly enough, the like notifications exist using the "default" skin which can be chosen at the bottom of the forum. Their effects, however, cannot be seen by anyone else using the other skins

:blink:

gogo

Ah, okay.  Thanks!  I'm going to shut up now, because I'm sure you have better things to do than wish you would stop getting notifications from me...

1 hour ago, DevanT249Sacred2 said:

Ah, okay.  Thanks!  I'm going to shut up now, because I'm sure you have better things to do than wish you would stop getting notifications from me...

no worries! Not being able to "like" stuff is a priority, we hope to have it soon!

:hugs:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

The top left button What's New shows a raw output of all the content coming from posts, notifications and downloads...top right can be modifified into your own stream with your own filters. Just remember to save after picking the filters and you can even rename the stream ^^

have fun with the skin, looking forward to what we find in the future

:)

gogo

20 minutes ago, Delta! said:

I have noticed that Signatures don't attach, and can't be changed...  Should I just type it in every time?

Delta!

We're still working on that, they're kind of working, but images are still not working propelry, hoping to have sigs up soon ... I miss mine too 

gogo

FWIW, I switched to the default theme and the overlapping text went away.

Edit:

I never bothered to bookmark darkmatters since my browser stores frequently used pages,  and top url was here. :blush:That link is dead now,  so I guess I got to get clicking darkmatters.org links... :D

1 minute ago, lujate said:

FWIW, I switched to the default theme and the overlapping text went away.

Lujate would you be able to take a pic and post of what you mean by overlapping text please?

gogo

6 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Lujate would you be able to take a pic and post of what you mean by overlapping text please?

gogo

Firefox for Android

Screenshot_2017-09-08-17-58-12.png

Not earth shattering, but annoying IMHO.

Heya yup!  There are some wierd bits here and there.  The updated version of this skin has those things fixed but there are other areas of the new version that I need to change before changing to it.  Omg, we're still updating/upgrading.  This is all your fault gogo.  "What could happen?" He says...  :heat:

23 hours ago, Flix said:

I feel honored to have the mod's logo displayed so prominently on the site.  Thanks!

Here's another image that might make a good background:

Light_and_Shadow.jpg

And...there ya go, Schot's just added your pic, u can choose it from the skin picker

... pretty drop dead gorgeous

:sun:

gogo

59 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

And...there ya go, Schot's just added your pic, u can choose it from the skin picker

... pretty drop dead gorgeous

:sun:

gogo

I like the way the site looks with this background image... it's just very fitting!  Also, looks like signatures are back... you're making fast progress!  I seriously don't know how you guys do it... :bow:

1 hour ago, Schot said:

This is all your fault gogo.

:ohmy: DUN DUN DUNNN!

1 hour ago, Schot said:

Heya yup!  There are some wierd bits here and there.  The updated version of this skin has those things fixed but there are other areas of the new version that I need to change before changing to it.  Omg, we're still updating/upgrading.  This is all your fault gogo.  "What could happen?" He says...  :heat:

Someone's gotta be a trouble maker

:devil:

gogo

2 minutes ago, DevanT249Sacred2 said:

I like the way the site looks with this background image... it's just very fitting!  Also, looks like signatures are back... you're making fast progress!  I seriously don't know how you guys do it... :bow:

:ohmy: DUN DUN DUNNN!

Guilty... as charged...

:superman:

gogo

25 minutes ago, Yaohu said:

Great Job with the new Design, love the choice of backgrounds. I'll keep an eye open for possible additions, hope you don't mind me doing so.

Glad you love the new site Yaohu, and of course, new images are always welcome!

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

So happy you like it DB!

So far, the only way I have figgered out how to run the notifications ( and there seem to be a LOT :blink:) is to use the top left What's New to see EVERYTYING that's happening in the forum... notifications regarding comments posted for download files, registrations, posts, everything... that's kind of the main view for me to see everything...but a more filtered view is I made my own strem and called it View New Posts and it's set up on the top right of forum for me...I picked the filters to be condensed and then to only show topics...this is quicker way to view forum, more akin to what we had on old place..it will show the highlighted topics with new posts first, but it will also show all the topic before that were read.  probably this is a question of filters I'm hoping

gogo

How do you do this? Looks like I'll have to play around more!

Edit: Haha got it sorted!! Exactly what I wanted :)

Also looks like I'll need to work on my signature...

8 hours ago, Schot said:

Schot, I also noticed that theres an icon below everyones avatar / info text next too each post that isn't loading in case thats something you've missed / need to fix (see below).

Example.PNG.a391f37a97233a4880a85124c7b30cd1.PNG

6 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

How do you do this? Looks like I'll have to play around more!

Edit: Haha got it sorted!! Exactly what I wanted :)

Also looks like I'll need to work on my signature...

Glad you got it working!. I love how the two search buttons provide different views like that.  The left one is such a massive notification spew...ultra granular and deliciously diggable... we can see everytying that's happening... but the right one's the good ole school view... pure posts :heart:

Yeah, lol my sig is looking weak sauce as well

:lol:

gogo

12 minutes ago, Aegis said:

For the first few moments, I thought I was on the wrong site. :blush:

Woo hOoo...that much a dif huh :bounce:

12 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Good job, guys. :)

Thank you Aegis... we wanted the community to be proud of home

:hugs:

gogo

Ah, finally I can read Gogo's text at the top. I was wondering why he was using white text on a white background ...

I like the Sacred4 Theme much better than the default.

[Added]

Just found the "Change Background" button at the top. That looks like it will come in very handy. No wonder I didn't see it earlier, you have to change the theme at the bottom of the page first! Lookin' nice.

Edited by Spock