Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

Just now, Spock said:

Ah, finally I can read Gogo's text at the top. I was wondering why he was using white text on a white background ...

I like the Sacred4 Theme much better than the default.

Happy you got it going Spock!

At the top right of the forum you can see the paint brush...clicking on that gives you a choice of backgrounds.

Have you chosen one yet?

:)

gogo

6 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Happy you got it going Spock!

At the top right of the forum you can see the paint brush...clicking on that gives you a choice of backgrounds.

Have you chosen one yet?

gogo

Yes, I just edited my previous post to comment on that. For now I'm trying the third from the left.

Perhaps, once you get everything working as you want it, you could created a voting topic to find out which one is the most popular ... Too bad there isn't some way to hide the forum so we can just see the background.

Edited by Spock

Our choice of default only affects the landing picture of when a member arrives on site. AFter that, everyone sets their own page and they can change it as often as they want.  In fact, Schot says that we can even increase the number of pix that we can use as background pictures for this community.  If anyone has first class images for us, we'd love to look at them. Player Created images or Fan Art would be awesome, and a great way to showcase Sacred talent

gogo

17 hours ago, lujate said:

Firefox for Android

Screenshot_2017-09-08-17-58-12.png

Not earth shattering, but annoying IMHO.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yah that can be annoying.  Okay another added to da list

:whip:  @ Schot

gogo

Thanks for the submissions 

1 hour ago, Yaohu said:

Heya gogo, found a couple Pics that might be worth adding to the background choices:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

the 4th I found was a little difficult, so I attached it as an upload. Hope you like them as much as I do :)

Sacred 2 Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave.png

Thanks for the submissiosn Yaohu...  

I think my favorite's the link to number 3

gogo

2 & 4 are my favorites there.  I love the Sacred Underworld screen, and the other one is a nice mirror of the light/shadow world I posted earlier.  Good picks.  

I have to get used to the spacing now.  On the old forum you had to Enter twice to put a line break between paragraphs.  Now, DarkMatters is like every other site where hitting enter once is enough.  I have to retrain myself!

This also means many old posts have loooooots of extra line spacing.  Once we get settled down, I will likely go back in some of my big posts and edit out all that redundant space between lines and paragraphs.

Maybe that "Preview Post" icon could be moved onto a button and placed down to the left of the "Submit Reply" button?

6 minutes ago, Flix said:

2 & 4 are my favorites there.  I love the Sacred Underworld screen, and the other one is a nice mirror of the light/shadow world I posted earlier.  Good picks.  

I have to get used to the spacing now.  On the old forum you had to Enter twice to put a line break between paragraphs.  Now, DarkMatters is like every other site where hitting enter once is enough.  I have to retrain myself!

This also means many old posts have loooooots of extra line spacing.  Once we get settled down, I will likely go back in some of my big posts and edit out all that redundant space between lines and paragraphs.

Maybe that "Preview Post" icon could be moved onto a button and placed down to the left of the "Submit Reply" button?

I'm with you, love the throwback to Underworld and the light / dark of the 4th one.

And yes, the spacing!! Haha I keep doing exactly the same thing!

Heh.. thx :blush:

I'll keep looking for further pics, as for these four, 1&3 are my favorites, 3 is my current desktop BG.

I'm kinda hoping to find a well made (and sufficiently high res) variant of Pic1 with an Inquisitor and a Seraphim, perhaps even the other Classes as well.

Here's to hoping :lol:

49 minutes ago, Flix said:

Ill show that "preview post" idea  to him Flix, and yah noticed that line spacing :lol:  I'm taking time getting used to this new Editor... 

and.. dom dom dom dom... did you guys notice that if you close your browser on an unfinished post...it has saved it :)

AutoSave to the rescue:)

:superman:

gogo

43 minutes ago, Dragon Brother said:

I'm with you, love the throwback to Underworld and the light / dark of the 4th one.

And yes, the spacing!! Haha I keep doing exactly the same thing!

We actually spent a lot of time today looking and looking for anything from original Sacred to use as a background image... as Yaohu mentions in post, one of the problems is finding images of high enough resolution... good ole Sacred from about ten years ago is like half the res we have in Sacred 2... almost everytying we were able to find eg screenshots and images are so loq quality... hopefully something will pop out at someone and it'll show up, or perhaps a fan will have some kind of screen art

gogo

32 minutes ago, Yaohu said:

Heh.. thx :blush:

I'll keep looking for further pics, as for these four, 1&3 are my favorites, 3 is my current desktop BG.

I'm kinda hoping to find a well made (and sufficiently high res) variant of Pic1 with an Inquisitor and a Seraphim, perhaps even the other Classes as well.

Here's to hoping :lol:

I hear you re sufficient hi res... whe images get blown up so big all the nitty gritty shows up... luckily there's some terrific images at leaast from Sacred 2

:sun:

gogo

There are good wallpapers from Sacred 1 (GOG packages many of them as "extras" - one reason I love that site so much), the thing is a good background image for the forum would more "busy" at the edges and more "calm" in the middle, whereas most wallpapers are the opposite.

Here's a shot at some nice Sacred 1 images:

oYNrv8wt.jpg   SD2gQEVt.jpg   Vh529iTt.jpg   YmGkshFt.jpg 

Maybe this is just me but I keep trying to click on the 'New' icon next to threads with unread posts...is there anyway to make that clickable? Either that or I guess I'll get used to it :D

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We actually spent a lot of time today looking and looking for anything from original Sacred to use as a background image... as Yaohu mentions in post, one of the problems is finding images of high enough resolution... good ole Sacred from about ten years ago is like half the res we have in Sacred 2... almost everytying we were able to find eg screenshots and images are so loq quality... hopefully something will pop out at someone and it'll show up, or perhaps a fan will have some kind of screen art

gogo

Yeah fair point. Hopefully something like what Flix found pops up.

27 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

And not that it's a big deal but I lost about 2k off my post total :o Gogo...pretty sure yours was over 30k so you lost a lot more than me...about 6K+

Hey, so we did! Looks like some old stuff may have been pruned, I think I'm short a couple of thousand too.

Ah well, now we just have to find a new game to get us all posting lots again ;)

47 minutes ago, Dragon Brother said:

Yeah fair point. Hopefully something like what Flix found pops up.

Hey, so we did! Looks like some old stuff may have been pruned, I think I'm short a couple of thousand too.

Ah well, now we just have to find a new game to get us all posting lots again ;)

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

And not that it's a big deal but I lost about 2k off my post total :o Gogo...pretty sure yours was over 30k so you lost a lot more than me...about 6K+

I saw this too.  When the forum was rebuilding itself, I think it did some reconciling and a recount.  I myself dont see any important posts of mine missing but I do see the numbers change.

Post away guys!

Yah, yah!

:whip: 

gogo

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

Maybe this is just me but I keep trying to click on the 'New' icon next to threads with unread posts...is there anyway to make that clickable? Either that or I guess I'll get used to it :D

I can show that to Schot, but the way I get posts is I just click on the bubble besides a new topic that goes "hot" and it takes me to the last post right away. Still getting used to this software, I'm sure we're all gonna be experts in a week

gogo

Of backgrounds and spacing and post counts oh my!  Awesome submissions guys!  We're mulling around an idea for something monthly. Just for kicks! 

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Spacing has been driving me crazy as well.  I'm not a fan of it and there is a setting to bring it back to the way it was.  I'm just trying to figure out if there is some kind of benefit to it.  The devs of our forum software decided to change the spacing this way so I keep wondering if there is some kind of beneficial logic to it.  I'm yet to be convinced!  That said.  Don't go changing old posts just yet! 

As for post counts, everything that has a number in the forum was recounted when we upgraded.  A massive recounting process took place for about 6 hours after I completed the upgrade.  Sooooo...  Lotsa numbers have changed.  Wish I could say exactly why!  Blame it on the weather.  No wait.  Blame it on gogo!  I've been doing that all week.  :D

22 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Schot, I also noticed that theres an icon below everyones avatar / info text next too each post that isn't loading in case thats something you've missed / need to fix (see below).

Example.PNG.a391f37a97233a4880a85124c7b30cd1.PNG

Thanx Dragon!  That was the country flags.  Dangit!  Need to fix that.

4 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Ok that's interesting,  where is this thing you speak of?  ^^

47 minutes ago, Schot said:

Spacing has been driving me crazy as well.  I'm not a fan of it and there is a setting to bring it back to the way it was.  I'm just trying to figure out if there is some kind of benefit to it.  The devs of our forum software decided to change the spacing this way so I keep wondering if there is some kind of beneficial logic to it.  I'm yet to be convinced!  That said.  Don't go changing old posts just yet! 

The way it used to be has been a HUGE complaint of mine for a long time now.  Since I heard of a forum upgrade I have been silently hoping for a change like this.

The reason?  In the old post editor, hitting ENTER once appeared to create a blank line.  However, after posting, there was no blank line, and the two "separate" lines of text were jammed right up next to each other.  Thus, it became necessary to hit ENTER twice, frankly adding way too much space between paragraphs.  

In other words, there was a major discrepancy between the way things looked in the post editor and the way they looked after being published.  That is a thing of the past now.  The way my post looks in the new editor is exactly the way it appears when published.  I love that.  If anything, I just think the lines of text could be closer together in instances where there is NO line break (when the text naturally wraps around).

I agree with Flix on that one.

Writing posts is a lot easier and faster now, since the writers don't have to check wether they have any "jammed" lines in their post.