Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

1 hour ago, Schot said:

Thanx Dragon!  That was the country flags.  Dangit!  Need to fix that.

Ah yep, thats it.

58 minutes ago, Schot said:

Ok that's interesting,  where is this thing you speak of?  ^^

I'm guessing it's one of these? The first only appears next to forum sections which have threads in them with new posts and the second appears next to a thread with new posts.

New.PNG.26bb466e34461d1578020e878871548c.PNGNew2.PNG.ad1131f569e830225fb5e0d6a80fdbac.PNG

44 minutes ago, Flix said:

The way it used to be has been a HUGE complaint of mine for a long time now.  Since I heard of a forum upgrade I have been silently hoping for a change like this.

The reason?  In the old post editor, hitting ENTER once appeared to create a blank line.  However, after posting, there was no blank line, and the two "separate" lines of text were jammed right up next to each other.  Thus, it became necessary to hit ENTER twice, frankly adding way too much space between paragraphs.  

In other words, there was a major discrepancy between the way things looked in the post editor and the way they looked after being published.  That is a thing of the past now.  The way my post looks in the new editor is exactly the way it appears when published.  I love that.  If anything, I just think the lines of text could be closer together in instances where there is NO line break (when the text naturally wraps around).

The way it works now is consistent with how line breaks work in Microsoft Word as well. Press enter and you create a new paragraph whereas previously it only seemed to go down to the next line (similar to pressing Shift+Enter in Word).

• Like! 1

Dragon Brother's pic is showing exactly what I'm talking about....It just seems like I should be able to click on it.....again it's not a big deal to me so no worries if it stays as is

TY DB for posting pic of it

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Dragon Brother's pic is showing exactly what I'm talking about....It just seems like I should be able to click on it.....again it's not a big deal to me so no worries if it stays as is

TY DB for posting pic of it

Ah, I remember looking at that too and noticing it and trying to click it.  I couldn't click it, I think it's just a no skinned notififying indicator.  if so, Schot can probably find an image for it

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, Flix said:

The way it used to be has been a HUGE complaint of mine for a long time now.  Since I heard of a forum upgrade I have been silently hoping for a change like this.

The reason?  In the old post editor, hitting ENTER once appeared to create a blank line.  However, after posting, there was no blank line, and the two "separate" lines of text were jammed right up next to each other.  Thus, it became necessary to hit ENTER twice, frankly adding way too much space between paragraphs.  

In other words, there was a major discrepancy between the way things looked in the post editor and the way they looked after being published.  That is a thing of the past now.  The way my post looks in the new editor is exactly the way it appears when published.  I love that.  If anything, I just think the lines of text could be closer together in instances where there is NO line break (when the text naturally wraps around).

6 hours ago, Yaohu said:

I agree with Flix on that one.

Writing posts is a lot easier and faster now, since the writers don't have to check wether they have any "jammed" lines in their post.

Fully on the same page as you both... LOVE the new spacing, we dont have to keep rethinking posts like in the old days and use up all that time

gogo

5 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

Good to see you back guys.

Looks good to me and faster:)

BTW: I'm not dead;)

Tornado!!!

We were talking about you last night, and hoping you were going to find your way home to us

So happy you mde it over to the DarkSide...

welcome home!

:gogo:

gogo

And... btw...has anyone noticed how HUGE videos play in our threads and how gynorm pix are? I was kinda staggered back a few times, but now I got used to seeing everyyting in Imax sizes

:4rofl:

gogo

Ah ok.  I hear what you guys saying about the spacing.  Ok, so if you guys are happy with it then I think the only thing I'll look at is how much space is put between a new line vs. a new paragraph.  I'll make it more obvious to differentiate the two.

Thanx for the screenshot DB!  I think the devs didn't make it clickable because there's potentially several new posts within the forum.  They may not have built in a function to display "only new within forum".  But who knows!  I do agree.  It beckons to be clicked, haha.

TorandoX!  We were just talking about you last night, lol.  Good to see you haven't diminished into the west.  :D

I am very happy with the upgrades to the forum. I was a bit distressed at forst when I tried going on and just got a "site unavailable" or "page can't be reached notification. I did loose the majority of my post counts. Went from +- 4800 posts to just below 2000. I understand that the previous related word game posts does not count anymore. 

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Delta! said:

I am very happy with the upgrades to the forum. I was a bit distressed at forst when I tried going on and just got a "site unavailable" or "page can't be reached notification. I did loose the majority of my post counts. Went from +- 4800 posts to just below 2000. I understand that the previous related word game posts does not count anymore. 

After seeing some other folks posting about the change in count, I can remember feeling frustrated when that same thing happened to me over at the Sacred Itnernational Forum those many years ago. 

:(

I'm not sure how the system recounted, but it seems like its probably trimmed some from areas we thought were valuable and that still are .  MO post count still is meaningful, and I know there's members here every day posting, and we do appreciate that.

If any member here has issues with their post count and wants us to look at it can you please pm me internally and we'll  be happy to try and verify the number.

gogo

p.s. Theuns VERY happy you like the new upgrades, you've been here every single day for years, and feedback like yours coming from a member like you is always meaningful  and very much appreciated :gogo:

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, gogoblender said:

After seeing some other folks posting about the change in count, I can remember feeling frustrated when that same thing happened to me over at the Sacred Itnernational Forum those many years ago. 

:(

I'm not sure how the system recounted, but it seems like its probably trimmed some from areas we thought were valuable and that still are .  MO post count still is meaningful, and I know there's members here every day posting, and we do appreciate that.

If any member here has issues with their post count and wants us to look at it can you please pm me internally and we'll  be happy to try and verify the number.

gogo

p.s. Theuns VERY happy you like the new upgrades, you've been here every single day for years, and feedback like yours coming from a member like you is always meaningful  and very much appreciated :gogo:

Thank you gogo. I really do love DarkMatters. 

I noticed my post count went up again.:lol:

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Spock said:

I can categorically state that every member who posts is important, no matter how many posts they make. My post count isn't all tat large, but I stick around because I believe in the series of games that started with Sacred. To my mind, this is the only place to be to get my Sacred/Sacred 2/etc fix ... even if I'm not the most valuable member.

:hugs:

gogo

5 minutes ago, Androdion said:

To me personally, the fact that the board is marked read when I do a "back to previous page" is awesome. I usually navigate a lot with my customised mouse so the fact that it assumes as being read is indeed great!

I love doing that too. It's a quick way to hammer through a bunch of posts.  And I agree...the fact it knocks one off as being read is quite natty.

I'm in love with the auto saves making posts... twice it's saved me

:ike:

gogo

51 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Devan thanks for writing how much this means to you.  I know you'll get to what you want one day... we're not going anywhere ^^  And to be honest I have to say I remember that feeling.  About ten years ago when all of this started...way way over at the Sacred International Forum, I remmber being actually breathless!. I'd watch post after post go up, read and just stare incredulously at what was happening, and the feelings coming from posts, and the beautiful dynamics of it all.  lol it actually took me more than a day before I could finally figure out all the mysteries of post buttons...and I remember it taking me HOURS before I could even press complete on my first post, trying to make it perfect, being so nervous, and finally selecting to put a happy face after my post with my name where this style has stuck for more than a decade.

Inisight like yours gives reflection upon the wonders of sharing, the satisfaction of community, and the magic of writing, taking our time, and making an effort.

And this...is why our forum's stil here

:heart:

gogo

I thought I sounded a little ridiculous when I said that... glad to know I'm not the only one who felt that way ;)

And what you said about having to make your post be perfect... I struggle with that too.  Sometimes, I feel like people will judge me for what I say in my posts (on any social media site/forum, not just here) and then I think, "come on, this is DarkMatters!  This is the perfect community."  I'm glad I don't have to be super nervous about what I say here :)

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Devan thanks for writing how much this means to you.  I know you'll get to what you want one day... we're not going anywhere ^^  And to be honest I have to say I remember that feeling.  About ten years ago when all of this started...way way over at the Sacred International Forum, I remmber being actually breathless!. I'd watch post after post go up, read and just stare incredulously at what was happening, and the feelings coming from posts, and the beautiful dynamics of it all.  lol it actually took me more than a day before I could finally figure out all the mysteries of post buttons...and I remember it taking me HOURS before I could even press complete on my first post, trying to make it perfect, being so nervous, and finally selecting to put a happy face after my post with my name where this style has stuck for more than a decade.

Inisight like yours gives reflection upon the wonders of sharing, the satisfaction of community, and the magic of writing, taking our time, and making an effort.

And this...is why our forum's stil here

:heart:

gogo

2 hours ago, Excelsior said:

I thought I sounded a little ridiculous when I said that... glad to know I'm not the only one who felt that way ;)

And what you said about having to make your post be perfect... I struggle with that too.  Sometimes, I feel like people will judge me for what I say in my posts (on any social media site/forum, not just here) and then I think, "come on, this is DarkMatters!  This is the perfect community."  I'm glad I don't have to be super nervous about what I say here :)

I was lurking around here for almost a year before I registered and posted and man oh man, I am glad that I did start posting.

• Like! 1

I've been hanging around here for several years now, and I only made my account last year.  Then, I stopped playing Sacred 2 and posting for a little less than a year.  Then, I was diagnosed with depression.  How coincidental...

or is it? :ohmy:

2 hours ago, Dorimil said:

and what could I do at the beach instead of lying in the sand?

playing Sacred on a laptop! :lol:

lol, it'd better be S1, or you'd get about 5 minutes in before your computer either crashed/died ;)

• Haha 1