Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

At long last the big ugrade is here, with all the requisite bells and whistles :D

The version of Invision power board we were using was getting a little long in the tooth with many of  the functionalities we were seeing in other forums could not be done here. With our new software, we've got some more speed, better security, great notification control AND... best part... we got a terrific new skin :D

In fact... there's a number of skins we've left available for members to use, but, of course, and especially with the absolutely stellar work done with the world's greatest mod Sacred 2 Diablo:The Fallen, we just knew that for the first default skin for this site it had to have Flix and friends' Sacred 2/Diablo The Fallen as a skin to celebrate their work, sweat, blood and tears they've put in daily for years.

We also wanted to say thanks.

Everyone here, the community,  has been with us here for so long, years and years. And when many other even larger websites have waxed great and slowly dimmed, DarkMatters is still here becuase it's filled with kind people that love what they do and enjoy the company of those they've met.

We have loved all the moments, and we look forward with pride to where our future, with you, our family and our friends take us.

We hope to make you proud

:gogo:

gogoblender and Schot

P.S. The old "View New Posts button" has been moved to top left and is called " What's New" ...click to see our world

Have fun :)

The new DarkMatters looks amazing!  I'll have to say, I will miss the old one a bit... but I'd say it's worth it.  Everywhere I look, I just keep seeing more and more improvements...  You and Schot did an amazing job! :resp:

• Like! 1

Yaaaay, we're back!  Cheers guys.  :D  Have you tried the background chooser yet.  Haha.  It's my fave feature.  Top right of the site.  It's the paintbrush icon.  Do it!  Try it!  :crazy:

• Like! 1
6 minutes ago, Schot said:

Yaaaay, we're back!  Cheers guys.  :D  Have you tried the background chooser yet.  Haha.  It's my fave feature.  Top right of the site.  It's the paintbrush icon.  Do it!  Try it!  :crazy:

Yeah, I used it to change it to the map of Ancaria without the Diablo II Fallen logo.  Don´t get me wrong, I love the mod, but the logo just got a little distracting. ;)

3 hours ago, DevanT249Sacred2 said:

The new DarkMatters looks amazing!  I'll have to say, I will miss the old one a bit... but I'd say it's worth it.  Everywhere I look, I just keep seeing more and more improvements...  You and Schot did an amazing job! :resp:

Thanks Devan for this great feedback! We loved doing it, and the forum really needed it.   It was a double whammy at once... a complete forum software upgrade as well as a brand new skin.  We're still learning new stuff about this... very delicious

:)

gogo

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I feel honored to have the mod's logo displayed so prominently on the site.  Thanks!

Here's another image that might make a good background:

Light_and_Shadow.jpg

Flix, so so happy you like the new set up! We really wanted you to feel ilke all the hard work and the Diablo Mod you created had a worthy home you'd be proud of.

That pic is awesome, we can add it a group of pix we'll use to keep the forum refreshed.

A good day for DarkMatters!

:bounce:

gogo

Looks great fellas! And great seeing the display of Flix's hard work :)

A question to anyone who may have worked it out, the "What's New" link lists everything, posts, replies, people reacting to others posts, etc. Has anyone worked out a way to only display active threads?

When I first was able to log back in..well it was very very white and I was about to comment on it not being very appealing....something I didn't want to do knowing how hard Gogo and Schot worked on this. So looked around a bit and found where to change skin and I have to say it looks pretty awesome. Using Flix's work as a background is very appropo :D

@Dragon Brother, if I find it I will post about it, but still looking around new forum like a gawking tourist :D

Oh...Gogo guess you can let Schot off chain for 30 minutes this time...though not all at once...you remember what hapened last time right?

Fascinating.

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

When I first was able to log back in..well it was very very white and I was about to comment on it not being very appealing....something I didn't want to do knowing how hard Gogo and Schot worked on this. So looked around a bit and found where to change skin and I have to say it looks pretty awesome. Using Flix's work as a background is very appropo :D

Knuckles: Where is the option to change the skin? I would like to experiment.

14 hours ago, Schot said:

I can't seem to get to any other page than the forum and cannot see a paintbrush icon anywhere on the page, much less in the upper right quadrant.

Edited by Spock

Spock look in the very bottom left hand part of forum page. Should see 'Theme' down there. Only 2 options are 'Sacred 4.0 (default)' and 'Default'. You want Sacred 4.0 unless you like a lot, and I mean a lot of white. It felt like Flo (from Progressive ads) was the forum designer :P

• Thanks! 1
9 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

A question to anyone who may have worked it out, the "What's New" link lists everything, posts, replies, people reacting to others posts, etc. Has anyone worked out a way to only display active threads?

So happy you like it DB!

So far, the only way I have figgered out how to run the notifications ( and there seem to be a LOT :blink:) is to use the top left What's New to see EVERYTYING that's happening in the forum... notifications regarding comments posted for download files, registrations, posts, everything... that's kind of the main view for me to see everything...but a more filtered view is I made my own strem and called it View New Posts and it's set up on the top right of forum for me...I picked the filters to be condensed and then to only show topics...this is quicker way to view forum, more akin to what we had on old place..it will show the highlighted topics with new posts first, but it will also show all the topic before that were read.  probably this is a question of filters I'm hoping

gogo

8 hours ago, Knuckles said:

@Dragon Brother, if I find it I will post about it, but still looking around new forum like a gawking tourist :D

Oh...Gogo guess you can let Schot off chain for 30 minutes this time...though not all at once...you remember what hapened last time right?

He's out of the dungeons and is working hard today! :whip:  Knuckles thanks for posting.. it didn't click for me when you said all white that your default when you started up the new forum was the IPB one which is very plain.  Schot's going to run a tool now, so that all new folks that show up witll have the new default Diablo forum for when they start Sacred 4.0 and from there they can choose their own themes

Really glad you like the new home!

:bounce:

gogo

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Yay! DarkMatters is back! felt a strange emptiness without it.

Looks great guys.

Happy to be a part of your heart! Glad you like your new home 

:gogo:

gogo

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

OK, finally able to take a look at the new board and it's pretty cool. Congrats on the work done. :badbad:

So happy you found your way back to us Androdion, your posts for the game are always great for answering questions and giving information

Very pleased you like the new look!

gogo

30 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Spock look in the very bottom left hand part of forum page. Should see 'Theme' down there. Only 2 options are 'Sacred 4.0 (default)' and 'Default'. You want Sacred 4.0 unless you like a lot, and I mean a lot of white. It felt like Flo (from Progressive ads) was the forum designer :P

yah so sorry about this guys Schot is going to run a tool thats going to put all new comeers in the Sacred 4.0 skin so that this way everyone gets a chance to get a feel for the new skin first hand..  That super white skin is the IPB default skin, it's effective but plain...not at all what we like.

Spock, welcome to the new home!

*high fives*

:wizard:

gogo

10 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Hi DB, just saw that one of the filters along the top called Read Status has a toggle.. you can flip it to "content I haven't read" instead of 'everything" and it'll only show you stuff that's not read yet ... maybe that will help?

gogo