Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

Schot's slowly adding upgrades to DarkMatters... besides the upgrade to the new forum skin 4.2 which is faster and more secure, there's the smileys now back (yay!) which we can see folks using, the auto save is a little less buggy for posts, and Schot's changed our logo up at the top left to something more ...d...a...r...k...e..r... ( I think halloween's coming :D)

:)

gogo

11 minutes ago, Androdion said:

One more thumbs up, accessing via mobile is much swifter than before. I mean, buttery smooth! :dance:

I wouldn't go that far. The new site works fine and looks better, but not as quick for me as the old mobile theme.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Working with a Lumia 630 I can state otherwise, but it could be due to the decrease in adds. Not sure though. ;)

Weird, the old mobile theme didn't have ads for me.

16 minutes ago, lujate said:

Mine add them, but using stock IE on a Windows Phone 8.1 platform I can't find a way to add-block. Today I've tried browsing the board via mobile and I could load the pages smoothly without crashing or halting, hence my previous comment. And I can't see any adds so maybe that's it for me. ;)

19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lol...ahhh, if such a thing could be

:lol:

gogo

I only have a laptop... Sacred runs surprisingly well on it, as long as it's plugged in.  The first time I tried playing on the PC, it was unplugged, and the computer died in 10 minutes.  I lost all my progress (not that there was much progress to lose, lol) and had to start the game over, because I was too stupid to try to save.  Lesson learned!

3 hours ago, Delta! said:

It works and looks great on my Huawei P9. Nice big screen, loads fast. I am happy as can be.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, and it's pretty great and functional.

16 hours ago, Androdion said:

Working with a Lumia 630 I can state otherwise, but it could be due to the decrease in adds. Not sure though. ;)

15 hours ago, lujate said:

Yah Ads for us was difficult with all the skins, and I dont think we ever managed to get ads on the mobile skin.  Right now, there are no ads on the DarkMatters site, only the Wiki, its a bit of work/time for us to put them in properly, maybe in one or two weeks, those beasties will show up again 

:ike:

gogo

16 hours ago, Androdion said:

One more thumbs up, accessing via mobile is much swifter than before. I mean, buttery smooth! :dance:

It is smooth! Re Lujate saying its slower than the older one, it could be...but that would be becuase this time the mobile version is automaticaly skinning itself while the old skin couldn't do that

love this skin maker..ipsfocus... he ROCKS

:bounce:

gogo

4 hours ago, Excelsior said:

I only have a laptop... Sacred runs surprisingly well on it, as long as it's plugged in.  The first time I tried playing on the PC, it was unplugged, and the computer died in 10 minutes.  I lost all my progress (not that there was much progress to lose, lol) and had to start the game over, because I was too stupid to try to save.  Lesson learned!

what kinda laptop?

:)

gogo

I am also on a laptop now for all my computer needs. 

a MSI GP72 6QE Leopard pro. it is almost 2 years old and I am still loving it. Cost me a pretty penny and it took me almost 9weeks to decide which one I wanted. I originally looked at Asus, or Gigabyte laptops, cause the MSI laptops was out of my price range, but the company I bought from had a special on MSI gaming laptops just as I was about to decide on a Gigabyte... got R 2999 off (our currency in SA is Rand) and they included free shipping, so I decided I'll add R 3000 more and get this beauty.

image.jpeg.e7a7addd0d83c3a67ef1cb3662c0956b.jpeg17" screen, core i7, 16gb ram, nvidia GTX 950M, 1TB hdd, very good sound... what more could I want?

a laptop with 17 inch screen, 16 gb ram, and icore 7:)

I cant believe you got this beast two years ago

Whats cool is that it seems like even gamers can give up the sacred desktop to go laptop... 

I cant begin to imagine how costly that must have been for you two years ago ...even now a laptop with that much power, in fact a screen that large is monumental price here

Jelly on the brain

:drool:

gogo

8 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Dude, that's like... 200€?!?! What a steal!!! :wow:

That one costs something like 1200€ in my country. Oh yeah!

6 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

a laptop with 17 inch screen, 16 gb ram, and icore 7:)

I cant believe you got this beast two years ago

Whats cool is that it seems like even gamers can give up the sacred desktop to go laptop... 

I cant begin to imagine how costly that must have been for you two years ago ...even now a laptop with that much power, in fact a screen that large is monumental price here

Jelly on the brain

:drool:

gogo

The final price was R 24 999.00 I was actually looking at spending R22 000.00 but I just could not say no to a MSI that had everything I wanted, and besides, it was my spoil for the year. Every year I try to save up money for something special, year before that was my shopping trip to Thailand. It cost me just a bit more than the laptop... but I get plenty of Gaming fun out of the laptop still. :lol:

Technology is actually quite expensive in South Africa.

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1